Home

A little help???

Mav

Sorry about having to make a thread, but I'll delete it if any of the mods want me to, but I need a little help.

I have a problem where the subtitles of the speech in the games goes WAY too fast, completely unreadable fast, and I have no idea what file is caausing this, any help?

Huh? what's the problem with making a new thread? That's perfect. This is exactly what we like ;) one topic = 1 thread :)

And above all we encourage members to post their modding questions on the boards instead of using the PM system: the answers benefit to the whole modding community. Without this kind of threads and discussions, Holowan labs would not exist and modding KotOR would be only for a very few...and even for those few, knowledge would be reduced.

Your problem is weird. I never really had that before. I onlytime I noticed that my custom dialogues were going a bit too fast was when I had one word entries/replies. Normally this gets in place with sound and (or?) lipsync. Or is all your dialogue waay to fast?

In regards to posting a thread, you can make it better by using a descriptive subject line. ;)

I think I've seen fast dialogs before in branches that had scripts attached. I can't remember the details though. It is good practice to attach the script to the blank Reply that comes in between two Entries. Or attach a spare Reply/Entry after a script that fires at the end.

Is your dialog set to Skippable?

A problem like this ^^^^^ is caused normally when a script fires, i had a similar problem with a dlg in that suvam mod i did.

Anyway, what i think it might be is that you have attached scripts to that certain line of dialogue, the scipt fires, and that dialogue line skips. I cant remember if this happens in the middle of a dialogue though, im not sure if it does, but i know this happens at the end.

Try linking the Entry/Reply that you wanted the script on to a blank Entry/Reply with that script, then link it up so it still flows to the next stage of your .dlg. It might work, but i dont really know.

---- edit ---- ok on reading up i just realised Tk102 already said this, duh,

Well after further investigation ;) I found that only certain dialogs are affected by displaying too fast. For example I have the mod where Deadeye Duncan is spawned on Manaan and his dialog goes way too fast, but what is weird is that this hasn't happened before. Also my party members dialogs go way too fast, but the Selkath merchant near the Ebon Hawk has dialog that is normal so I have no idea what is the problem file.????

That's weird! Deadeye Duncan on Manaan always worked fine for me. There are no action scripts (scripts setting variables, per example, do not pose any problems normally ) attached to any branch with spoken dialogue.

...and there is sound...Mav, do you still have sound?

yup, I got sound, I think I'm going to check to see exactly which characters have this problem, and if it's only on Manaan or what not, because that is when it started, anyway once I can isolate the problem(if I can) I'll let ya'll know what's up, although it might take awhile seeing as I have semester finals in two days from Friday to Monday so I'll be fairly busy.

Also for anyone who is interested, any further progress on my Jedi Trainer Module has been cancelled, I just don't have enough time to work on it and make it the way I would want to, because I want to try other things. For example I'm trying to model my own hilts, I'll probable work on it during my Christmas break, but I also have to get into college :p and as for right now my hilt models don't get past the "make a cylinder" stage so I'll see if I can't read some good tutorials over the break and see if I can't create something decent. If not, you probably wont see many mods from me until KOTOR 2, which probably doesn't dissapoint too much of you :lol:

Archived