Home

can kotor/kotor2 xbox saves be edited?

darth makaan

I have been wrestling with this very issue, and aparently there are thoes out there who have succeded at modifying the save game files for the xbox for KOTOR2!!!

I just purchased a "Pro Action Replay" yesterday, and there are numerous save game files with modified content that can be downloaded off the web and transfered to the xbox hard drive (via the pro-action replay device).

I myself am interested in modding my own KOTOR2 save game files, so a tutorial, or software to do so would be highly advantageous (I remember hearing of the complexities of modding the original xbox kotor sva egame files).

If anyone wants to look at a working already moded file, you can get one here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/save/920194.html

If this helps the PC guys get a head start, then all the better.

AXE!

Certain aspects of the Game Save can be edited as it says in the Readme. I personally had trouble. I transfered the files no problems via Flash FXP. I only changed the Values which the Readme said were OK. Yet KOTOR still reported it as a corrupt save, which was annoying. Is there a limit to how much EXP you can give yourself? I gave myself 900000Exp. I changed atributed and Skills of the PC. No NPCs. That's all I changed. I recieved two error messages when I start up KSE, is that normal?

Originally posted by ClumsyClayson

I thought we were talking about KOTORII? The level cap there is level 50.

Read a few posts up ClumsyClayson as tk102 addresses KSE and KOTOR: TSL.

Originally posted by tk102

Just to make sure I'm clear, the latest release of KSE cannot mod KotOR2, only KotOR1 files.

Thanks RedHawke.

@keshire: Yes you can modify everything with a hexeditor if you like, but you will need to resign the savegame. KSE can modify KotOR2 games no problem BUT! it cannot resign them so you are left with a corrupted savegame.

@waterhammer: I still need the AuthKey for KotOR2. No AuthKey means no resigning. Unfortunately the one person who knows how to get it at xbox-saves.com is too busy to answer my PMs.

Originally posted by darth makaan

via KSE or any other thing?

Yes via Internet Link (whichever) and A router + an modded xbox chip, and withdraw the savegames to your computer, compiling your savegames to the xbox save games and put them back to the folder you found them in. which will need a coder like tk..

Coding for Xbox can be very hard and dont try yourself unless you have a clue about any scripting/compiling at all , you may crash your game and Xbox, do you want that for a simple little game? ( not simple its a GODs game by the way so is SWG)

Observ : Do not use Xbox live when modded chip is turned on

Your xbox will be deleted and you have to pay about 100$ or more.. so with caution people!!

Archived