Home

Component Values?

repeater123

In the Prima strategy guide it lists "breakdown component values" for all weapons, armor, etc. in the game. Some give hundreds, even thousands, of components for breaking them down. Problem is, in the game everything has a "component breakdown value" of 1. I've tried different characters like Bao-Dur and Goto (my Jedi Guardian has pitiful skills) and there is no change. If Obsidian left this out it's a disgrace. It's an absolute waste of time to create upgrades (good ones at least) when you have no componets to use.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Is there something obvious that I'm missing or did this feature never make into the final (ahem...rushed) release?

I wonder if this is all based on the skills of your player character. I've basically put all my points into Persuade. I've made it to Onderon so I've acquired some decent stuff (the twi'lek spinning blades, rodian death blade, etc.) but I still can't get anything with a higer component value than 1

It is based entirely on your Player Characters skills. I have a mighty 2 in computer and a big fat zero in repair. I outfitted him with some gloves and a belt and wouldn't you know it, actual component values! Not maximum value but it's at least it's a crooked number. I'm off to create some upgrades

Originally posted by repeater123

It is based entirely on your Player Characters skills.

Actually it is based on the skills of the character you are controlling when you activate the bench.

Like have Bao-Dur, who has killer skill levels, as the party leader, then select the workbench you will be working from his skills not your PC's. :D

True... You can utilize any NPC's skills to create upgrades but not to break them down. The components you get for breaking them down seem to be the seem no matter who I control. And with my Jedi Guardian and his zero in repair everything had a component value of 1

True... You can utilize any NPC's skills to create upgrades but not to break them down. The components you get for breaking them down seem to be the seem no matter who I control. And with my Jedi Guardian and his zero in repair everything had a component value of 1

That's wierd :confused: It doesn't do that with me... I break almost everything I don't need down with Bao-Dur and I get a lot of components... especially later on in the game... My PC doesn't even come into play... :eek:

I typically use a Workbench outside the Ebon Hawk though... the one in the Hawk you can only use yourself.

That's wierd It doesn't do that with me... I break almost everything I don't need down with Bao-Dur and I get a lot of components... especially later on in the game... My PC doesn't even come into play...

What type of skills does your PC have? If you have decent repair skills you may be attributing this added component value to Bao Dur by mistake. Are you playing as a Guardian? or Sentinel? Sentinels have better skills

What type of skills does your PC have? If you have decent repair skills you may be attributing this added component value to Bao Dur by mistake. Are you playing as a Guardian? or Sentinel? Sentinels have better skills

Playing as a Conselar/Sith Lord and Conselar/Jedi Master... with pitiful skills, other than Awareness and Persuade...

I have also read on the OE boards that the workbench skills thing is buggy, due to a miscommunication during its creation, that is why it works for some and not for others, could be the culprit here...

In the Prima strategy guide it lists "breakdown component values" for all weapons, armor, etc. in the game. Some give hundreds, even thousands, of components for breaking them down. Problem is, in the game everything has a "component breakdown value" of 1. I've tried different characters like Bao-Dur and Goto (my Jedi Guardian has pitiful skills) and there is no change. If Obsidian left this out it's a disgrace. It's an absolute waste of time to create upgrades (good ones at least) when you have no componets to use.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Is there something obvious that I'm missing or did this feature never make into the final (ahem...rushed) release?

most items i get only have one even with the most skilled people breaking down. now chemicals thats a different story you can get plenty from mines and grenades i just break down a bunch and if your skill is high enough make thermal detonators and sell for a profit

Archived