Home

Shields need to be nerfed big time

Guest Lord Tirion

Guest Lord Tirion

Monument games are for pansies but yet starting in tech 3 is not? Hmm.. I love your reasoning. Yes, I too do not like Monument type games, I prefer deathmatch, but none of these games are for panzies. I think you simply do not like it because it requires more skill than you either have or want to try and work on. Nexsis Tournaments are for the big boys of SWGB, Tech 1 is the starting point, no reveal, standard resources. Thats the way we always play. That requires the most strat and only the most focused and skilled players thrive on such settings. You think you have what it takes or still you will wish to have everything in a game handed to you without earning it for yourself?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tirion *Nexsis*

For your picture, go up to the top and click User CP and then user options.

Now for your strat. I am not making fun of you or anything but that strat would flat out fail when facing experts. You make it sound like it is so easy. What happens if the other player grabs the holocrons? What happens if your enemies are not "weak" and have their fort very well fortified? Then you can not pop out your 15 pummelers now can you? Again, I am not meaning to sound mean or anything but I like to face reality. I always try to play top notch players because that improves your game. Your strat seems to be geared for rookies and depends heavily on every single thing to go right. Once one thing goes wrong or not according to your plan, your strat is immediately destined for failure.

I am sorry but NOBODY can beat a good player with no workers depending on buildings to generate their supplies to support them.

When I played them (god1234, sirathos) They assaulted me, like 8 times with huge (65-70 men) armies of mechs, pummels, and aircraft... they barely made a dent... that was with 30 pummels, how much would 10-15 do? Tirion is right...

Guest god3345

i was playing a game against darth rommel i believe, and he had two fortresses and a few towers under a shield gen, along with his whole army and about 10 troopers from his allie, my first attack force took out power core, shield gen, 1 fortress, a tower or two, and most of his forces, second attack(i had a much smaller force this time) took his last fortress down to 14 hp and killed most of his units and a few towers, game ended a short while later...point being, it is very easy to sack a town as long as you have and use the correct units and battle plans. i have yet to lose a non monument game, and darth rommel is the only person to ever withstand one of my sieges, although i have only played 10-15 games.

Guest Lord Tirion

Umm, as far as I remembered, you lost to us when you played us. You never took control away from Sirion who stopped your ALL of your attacks. You sure you never lost a game?...

Guest Sirion

Are you the same god I beat in an ffa monument game? I seem to remember utterly crushing that army of mechs and jedi you sent at me. Not to mention crushing the 3rd persons army at the same time that was trying to flank me while you sent your 40 man mech forces.

Also, you said you've never lost before. I kinda think that lil victory flag I got at the end of the game signifies a win for me? I could be wrong...

Guest god3345

never lost a NON MONUMENT GAME!!!!

yeah, im not a wuss like some of you who go and grab the monument right away and heavaly fortify it, when you do that early in the game it is hard to get enough units and upgrades in that short amount of time to be able to take out a well fortified town.

and the game i played with darth rommel .....dont let pride cloud your memory, without your partners help in your defense i would have sacked your town, you said so yourself in a post shortly after the game, i belive it was called something to the effect of gg god3345, whoever, and whoever.

Guest Lord Tirion

Not that your response was geared towards me because that was a ffa game, no teams, but I must gear this question towards you: what is a non-monument game when monuments is the only game that there is in the demo?

Guest god3345

Not that your response was geared towards me but I must gear this question towards you: what is a non-monument game when monuments is the only game that there is in the demo?

hahaha, dont be so coy:p

im sure you know what a non monument game is.

for the record, it is when the players of the game decide not to take the monument so there is no timer, making the game death match, so that the best player wins, not the player who gets their workers to the monument first:)

Guest god3345

i dont recall when it was that you took the monument the key is that you took it first and build a town there, i never take the monument first(anymore, i did in my first few games), i would rather have it not be there at all:) the point still stands that the person first to the monument that builds a town should win.

when i took the monument first i didnt lose either.

the point of my original post was that even at tech 3, a shielded town still can be taken.

the fun of a game like this is outwitting and overpowering your opponent, not rushing the monument with workers like a nancy boy.(at least it is for me:D)

Guest DarkTrooper
i have played everyone starts in tech 3 why waist time building tech lvls that boring drags the game out too long.

yeah u could do that but what does it prove i mean if u start n tech level 4 when the full game is out it would be weird if u rushed with four hvy AT-ATs filled with repeater troopers. where when u start in tech lvl 1 u have to work for the AT-ATs and that is better i think

Guest god3345

What option is that? Last Man Standing?

no, just a regular monument game, with the players agreeing not to take the monument, just for fun.

Guest god3345
Originally posted by Darktrooper

yeah u could do that but what does it prove i mean if u start n tech level 4 when the full game is out it would be weird if u rushed with four hvy AT-ATs filled with repeater troopers. where when u start in tech lvl 1 u have to work for the AT-ATs and that is better i think

EXACTLY, a lot of the skill in the game is the multitasking and resource management, and using good judgement to build what you need to avance through the ages quickly while maintaing a strong economy and good defense.

same with all visable! because you can see an attack force coming SO FAR IN ADVANCE that you could build all the defense you need before it could ever reach you

Guest Sirion

Okies god. Next time I'll just send a pidgeon carrier and formal written treaty to you informing you I'm taking the monument beforehand. That good for you?

Originally posted by god3345

point still stands that the person first to the monument that builds a town should win.

Not true....Terent and Tirion vs Darth Rommel and Me......

we got there first and had about 6 towers up plus we had completly walled up the monument......still they came over and stomped us.......

Concultion: while building towers may be cheap it is defeatable.

Guest sirathos

All you guys can do is team up on people not in your stupid clan and bash them. I guess when your playing skills are not that good thats the only defeats yall can have ..right. ANyways darth rommel you are good but not that good so don get cocky!

Anyways I am afraid of no one in this forum and will take anyones challenge, tech lvl it is i dont have a problem doing that its just boring and slow that way but i think its easier to start at tech 1.

And as far as monument gaems those are weak cause most people rush it and build walls and fortresses, i think thats a tactic for sissy boys. Besides a nice force and easily over take walls and fortresses under shields not a problem. Monument games are to easy and too short thats why i dont lilke them.

Also god3345 is a good player and a fair player which is more then i can say about any of you punks.

Guest Sirion

I don't know which makes me laugh more. The way you acted as if your strat was godlike before. Or the way you complain in any thread nexsis has spoken in. Btw, I wanted to say this in the thread you called nexsis idiots for speaking against DS flaming Masta. Don't defend an asshole like Viper and his minions of morons alright? If you had followed the thread you might have noticed he only said that "I find it sad that he has that many posts" crap to piss people off =). Sorry your too braindead to realize that.

As for you, we spoke against you because we made a post saying how unfair the shield gens were and your immediate response was "I can win anyway with my strat." Who is the one gloating?

Have a nice day! :D

Originally posted by god3345

i was playing a game against darth rommel i believe, and he had two fortresses and a few towers under a shield gen, along with his whole army and about 10 troopers from his allie, my first attack force took out power core, shield gen, 1 fortress, a tower or two, and most of his forces, second attack(i had a much smaller force this time) took his last fortress down to 14 hp and killed most of his units and a few towers, game ended a short while later...point being, it is very easy to sack a town as long as you have and use the correct units and battle plans. i have yet to lose a non monument game, and darth rommel is the only person to ever withstand one of my sieges, although i have only played 10-15 games.

You only ever took out 2 of my fortresses- at the end... The first attack took out all my towers though :D

Guest god3345

yeah, thats what i said, i didnt even take out your second one, almost though! it didnt really effect the outcome of the game because it was near the end.

Guest Sirion

LOL, say what you want to make yourself look good Sirathos. You werent defending him in anyway until the very last sentence and you know it. You were just complaining because you tried to act like a god of swgb with your uber anti shield strat and got corrected. =)

Guest Lord Tirion

Sirathos, you belong in the land of hypocracy at its least.

"All you guys can do is team up on people not in your stupid clan and bash them. "

Sorry bro, we team up on people in games and bash them. Get the facts straight. Go back up and read your ego riddled post and tell us if somebody's eyes wouldnt widen just for a chance to pop your ego-filled balloon.

"I guess when your playing skills are not that good thats the only defeats yall can have "

Play us pretty boy and then you can talk about defeats all you want. I work Monday but I will be happy to take you on 1 on 1 in a game and I will show you skills.

"ANyways darth rommel you are good but not that good so don get cocky!"

Oh, but it is ok if YOU get cocky, but not anybody else. Okies, we see how you think.

We find it funny that your first post was on your UBER shield beating strat and now you claim monument games are for pansies because the monument bases are impossible to destroy.

Land of Hypocracy....

Guest RetardedChimp

Just wait till Tech 4 comes around, if you've ever played AoE2, you'd know about trebuchets, and SWGB is gonna have something similar...

Guest Sirion

I agree chimp. Cannons are going to make things ALOT easier. They have 200 base dmg and an attack bonus vs buildings. While artillery in tech 3 does 15. Gonna be quite a difference.

Archived