Home

Shields need to be nerfed big time

Guest Lord Tirion

Guest Lord Tirion

It is bad enough the units hardly do any damage as is, but then to throw a double whammy by adding shields, then on top of that to regen the units under it is way too much. I had 4 towers blasting away at a building and unit for over 30 mins and I couldnt even put a dent on them! That is going a bit overboard on shields dont you think?? If they are going to keep shields as is, then at least give the units some real damage and some punch. A lot of people are going to get frustrated and not even bother anymore if shields remain this strong and unit and turret firepower that weak.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Warlord

Attacking the powercore with 4 towers wont matter. Unless you send in a hugh army to attack it. If the enemy has an army as well, than your going to lose for sure, in tech 3 anyway. Shields should be modified big time!

Guest Lord Tirion

That sounds all good and easy, but it doesnt work that way. His towers picked my units off with ease.. i couldnt even get a shield gen up cuz they were dying like mad and it wasnt just towers going after this buildings.. i was using bombers, artillery, and sith.. and no damage was being done and I had a nice size army of over 15 units going in and they were dead in seconds while no damage was done to them.

Guest Lord Tirion

Thats nice about the 40 units, but I have to have workers too to gather resources and build my other buildings as well by the monument...

Guest Lord Tirion

25 workers wont cut it in this game with a 75 pop and a time limit when the wonder is touched. I find that hard to believe in all honesty. There is no way 25 workers can support a civiliation of 40+ military units and maintain that type of force throughout a game.

Guest sirathos

Ok i make 40 workers and totally stockpile and make a sith or jedi temple fast . from there i make a fortress and then send sith or jedi to get all the holocrons i can thus taking care of my nova gathering, while i am doing that i send 3-4 dark troopers and 1 bounty hunter after the animal nursery of the weakest opponent then steal their nerfs thus taking care of food growth ( well ay least halfing the # of units farmung, so after all that i drop to 10 workers after i have stock piled my ither goods and the i have a 65 / 10 force and sometimes pure 75 for when i assault

:bdroid2:

Ok and as far as shields and buildings I always thought pummels wher for that! A fiorce of 15 pummels will take care of your silly fortress and back them up with 2-3 anti air units followed by some sith or jedi and some bounty hunters ans 10-15 at-pt's thats the best combo get a litlle of all ! Ok now you know and know ing is half the battle. hehe

Guest Lord Tirion

For your picture, go up to the top and click User CP and then user options.

Now for your strat. I am not making fun of you or anything but that strat would flat out fail when facing experts. You make it sound like it is so easy. What happens if the other player grabs the holocrons? What happens if your enemies are not "weak" and have their fort very well fortified? Then you can not pop out your 15 pummelers now can you? Again, I am not meaning to sound mean or anything but I like to face reality. I always try to play top notch players because that improves your game. Your strat seems to be geared for rookies and depends heavily on every single thing to go right. Once one thing goes wrong or not according to your plan, your strat is immediately destined for failure.

I am sorry but NOBODY can beat a good player with no workers depending on buildings to generate their supplies to support them.

your supposed to use pummels against buildings. I do agree though that it takes for ever to take down a building even without sheilds using units. I guess we are just used to the opposite, most of us dont use the battering rams in Aok either or atleast I dont.

Guest sirathos

my stratagy is solid against whoever. I have played good and bad players. You just have to be fast everything is early in the game often i send my speeder bike to steal nerfs thats actually the best way! And the as for jedi its the first thing i build after pre fab shelters. And if you dont get all the holocrons oh well the 40 workers stock pile so fast anyways . trust me i will play you and rule you if you would like :bdroid2:

Guest Lord Tirion

You will rule me? Now that statement right there just showed me who I am dealing with...

First off, I can tell you right now that you have no clue on how this game really works. First off, not every game even has nerfs so there goes your plan right there. Second, you said sending in 3 Dark Troopers and 1 Bounty Hunter will destroy a nursery... dude, what game have you been playing???? You know how long that would take? Well, apparently not. And as for your challenge, I will be happy to take you on in the first day of the Nexsis Demo Tourny.

Guest sirathos

i have not played a map that dident have nerfs on it yet, of course this the demo and i know on the full version not all maps will have nerfs.

and 3 dark troops and a bounty hintert will take a nursery down quick, you dont have to kill it to take the nerfs, the nerfs pop out after it drops below a certain hit point value

And its a game then i signed up for you tourney may the best man win. If i lose i will make a post admitting my defeat and that you are the supreme player but if i win you must do the same.

Guest Lord Tirion

Just to let the air out of your balloon for a bit, I had 6 Dark Troopers AND a Sith Knight AND 1 Bounty Hunter attacking a nursery.. you know how long it was before I even made sparks fly? Try minutes!

And as for not having nerfs in a game, how many games have you actually played?? I have played over 20 games and OVER half of them never had nerfs in them.

Guest Warlord

Ok, so 3 dark troopers and one bounty hunter to take down one nursery, what are you thinking? FOr one its not worth it. i would take like 1 hour of blasting (game over if monument), and an opponent who is either an extremely bad player(EG: a chimp) or someone who got disconnected. Ok to get both those units above, you would need to be in tech 3,( just to make sure you understand) and by that time he would be so well defended or at least nexsis would that you wouldnt get their fast enough to even smell our nerfs. Why waste your time with nerfs in tech 3, ok maybe if there is an abudance, but for now just build farms, and pump out a few extra workers. Shield generators will double your units health, so not as many units are needed. If you need more units workers can die, they are only 50 food, I have around 25 workers. And use shield generators as a moving wall of death. I just think your strat needs some work, but good concept, however with full version workers are essential, if you can win the economic battle, you are almost guaranteed a win!

Guest Lord Tirion

I am still dying to know what game you have been playing. Anybody else who is reading this see a problem with this?

Guest sirathos

FIrst of all monumet games are for pansies they are too dumb and boring.

second all the nulti games i have played everyone starts in tech 3 why waist time building tech lvls that boring drags the game out too long.

Anyways its a good strategy it doesnt work for everyone, and yes there are lots of factors that could go wrong.

But like i said i pump out 40 workers in the beging to build my econmy fast. Anyways i look forward to our battle

Archived