Home

Shields need to be nerfed big time

Guest Lord Tirion

2 things ...

1. This is not AoK ... I'm realizing that. We need to make complete new stratagies ... (I always forget to build a powercore). Especially when the full games comes out we must find new stratagies.

2. We haven't seen tech level 4 yet. TL4 has the canon (Tribuchet in AoK). In AoK this unit was the most important siege unit ... because it actually works. Also there are a lot of other units and techs.

We'll see in time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirathos

i never said shield bases were impossible to destroy, they are easy if you assemble the right forces and assault at the right point. I never said i was the best and i know i am not but I am good and my skills will back it up, even if you do beat me you will be challenged and you will noty have an easy victory and i dont expect to beat you easy either. you can bash me and say im not good, that my skills are weak or anything else that makes you feel good. But lets think back to your first post and think hard about who was crying about he couldnt beat shield covered buildings and that it was too hard and they should be nerfd. you were asking for insight and i gave my insight. why ask if all you want to do is bash peoples ideas and strategy. For a big and mighty leader of a clan that is supposed to be elite you sure do cry alot about shields being to tough. Anyways i am on alot so just pm me when you wanna play! Lets settle things once and for all but i will hate to see you cry and make excuses after i beat you boy. I can take defeat and learn and accept those who are better. But i seriously doubt ill have anything to learn from you!

( ahhhhhhh....the shields are too strong).....lol

Guest sirathos

and what i said about monument games is that they are too fast and dont have time to play all the way out. Not that the bases there are impossible to destroy. personally on monument games i dont build bases , just shield generators to protect my vehicles. to build towers and fortresses is weak and a tactic for those that have little skill. Actually i take back not building towers i will make anti air but thats the farthest i go on tower building on the monument. maybe thats hipocritical but anti air turrets are a must for holding the monument the other stuff is not.

Guest Sirion

"i never said shield bases were impossible to destroy, they are easy if you assemble the right forces and assault at the right point."

Okies, if their as easy as you say lets see you play an expert that has the exact same forces as you do under shield cover with turrets and anti air turrets defending the base. With the current units against someone with a brain its like running into a titanium wall. Lets use my game against God as an example. Not to brag but to inform. I had a fortified base *so what if its defending the monument?* It should be as easy to destroy as any fortified base in the game. I believe it was right after I hit tech 2 that the monument was first touched by someone. So the clock started fairly late. I built my base and fortified it with defensive units. After a while in comes GOD with a gigantic force three to four times bigger than my entire army. The fight lasted for 5-10 mins and when the smoke cleared I had dessimated the entire force with my meager army by managing my units. I lost 10 or so artillery, one ground, and one air turret. Doesnt that show you a bit about shields? god comes in with around 60 men including jedi/rams/mechs and he only takes out 2 buildings and 10 units *which I was able to rebuild and retrain before the assault was even over.* Like I said I'm not trying to brag here but just let you know, right now with the current units and the regenerative capability of the shields if your attacking someone who knows what their doing you have almost no chance at all.

Guest Lord Tirion

Sirathos, dont exagerate posts to try and save face. I "cried" about shields being too strong? No dippy, I simply stated that each tech should be balanced and with those shields, tech 3 was not balanced. So try and come up with another exageration to cover up the mess you got into. Look at the others who responded. They did so with class and well thought out responses. You come in with this proposterous strat that will only work in fantasyland and come in saying that you will "rule me" in a post later on. So again, coming from the land of hypocracy, you say I think I am all big and bad?? Where does it say in any of my posts that Nexsis will defeat anybody? Where does it say that I think I am the best? Where does it say that I can take on anybody and win? Thats what I thought, keep looking because I never made such claims as you tried to put those words in my mouth. So do us a favor and dont even post in this thread anymore because you are only coming off as the bigger fool each stupid arrogant statement you try to make.

Guest god3345

yeah, the monument was taken way too early..i didnt have enough time to get a decent force ready so i blitzed you with what i had, not upgraded too well, i didnt think i even had a chance, as it turned out i didnt :(

it wasnt even close to 60 units,lol i always have around 40 workers(unless i kill some off later) so that leaves only 35 units to attack with, and as i recall i didnt have max.

and btw, it was me versus you two nexsus guys, it was supposed to be all on all but during the fray i saw a large group of *enemy* fighters sitting right by your base not attacking....

Guest Lord Tirion

We didnt team up if that is what you are tying to accuse us of. If you would have looked at the game settings, you would have seen that teams were LOCKED. If you lose you lose, please dont make excuses. Heck, I lost that game just as much as you did due to a stupid thing I did by accident.

Guest Sirion

First off, if your applying to join nexsis dont accuse us of something as pathetic as allying, we didnt.

Second, I checked your civ at the end of the game to gauge how many mechs you had sent at me. You had hardly any villagers left.

Third, If you want to point out the fact that Tirion was also in the game, I can point out that not only was I fighting your forces on the main front but Tirions forces were flanking me the entire time you and I were fighting. Another addition to the fact that shields are unstoppable if the player knows what hes doing.

Guest god3345

well i guess today is not a good day for you:(

but both of you, sirion and tirion, i would like to play you both in 1 on 1 games:)

Guest Lord Tirion

Okies, I just got home and am ready to play you. Send me a message when you get back on yourself and we can play 1 on 1.

Guest god3345

thanks for the game tirion, it was a lot of fun :)

sirion, i hope you are still up for a game, i have a few thing to do quick but ill be ready in about 45 mins :cool:

Guest god3345

good enough, i still want to play him eventually:)

i will prolly be off and on the boards for a while so post a reply or pm me if you want to play tonight:)

also, i didnt see my application for your clan there anymore, is that a decline?

Guest Lord Tirion

As for the application, you accused us of cheating and Sirion and myself thought that was out of bounds. If you still want in, I would suggest posting a message on our forums about it. Nexsis tends to keep an open mind on all matters.

Guest god3345

well i have to say warlord is by far and away the best opponent i have had so far, from his first attack of 6 troopers i was on the defensive, there were a few points i thought he had me, but i rupulsed all of his attacks and leveled his two forward bases(barely) and was just getting ready to go on the offensive when he had to go (it was quite a long game)...so we decided to call it a draw :eek: but hopefully we will be able to rematch sometime. im still interested in playing you too sirion:)

btw, i never accused you of anything, i simply pointed out what i saw, if you say you were not teamed up then so be it...its just that i have heard you guys have a bad reputation:(

Guest Lord Tirion

Bad reputation??? From who???? We just got here in SWGB, how could we have a reputation already??

As for a draw, Warlord said he won. He showed me the screenshots. He said that you were the one who had to go. So what happened?

Guest god3345

i dunno, just heard around you have a bad rep for newbie bashing, lol.

yeah he said something like "lets just end this already"

so i said" wanna call it a draw?"

he said "sure"

so we played for a few more mins

and he said "alright ill post this as a draw"

so i left!!!

Guest Lord Tirion

Hmm, okies I will have to ask him about it. I suggest that you two have another game, I will enter but kill my civ off so I can watch and see for myself.

As for newbie bashing, we never have. Who told you this? Last thing we need is for some noob to go around making false statements.

Guest god3345

i dont recall who said it, but i guess this should dispell the rumour then.

i didnt think to take any screenshots:(

oh well, ill play him again and take a few so if there are any doubts i will have pics. i didnt think a draw was that big of a deal though, lol

although i would not like it if you watched, because you could tell him when my attacks were coming and whatnot IM NOT SAYING YOU WOULD THOUGH!!!!

but i know clan loyalty is a big thing to some people.

Archived