Home

Eddie's Maps

Servant

v0.85: I moved reb spawn behind the wall and imp spawn behind the house to give more room to the map and to have some extra corridors. Also, there is spawn inside the central house (to see how that will work out and boxes under the window are changed to enterence) and both teams got extra two solders.

I was thinking to finish SP first and then just remove all extra spawns for MP.

You can test it at:

http://www.gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=68

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, i wanted to give you some sort of feedback after testing your custom maps, i tried Q city, the Kastel, Dathomir, Italia &

Dantooine and they were all quite nice though i have a few observations.

-1. In the Kastel, there are many places where you see a flickering in some walls, there's a specially annoying one in a "diagonal" wall that flickers to a normal wall.

-2. Both in Dantooine and Q city both enemies and allies keep falling off bridges very frequently. I'm not sure if in the SWBF standard maps this happens that often but I've only noticed this here.

-3. I loaded Italia, Dantooine, Q city, Dathomir, and The Kastel in an Instant action session, but the game quitted when loading Dathomir. I restarted it selecting only Dathomir and the Kastel and it played ok though.

-4. There's a hole in Dantooine, if you fall into the water with the speederbike you fall off the map too.

that's pretty much it in terms of complaints

I liked:

-1. Italia: really exciting map fast paced and non-stop action, so many alleys and alternate ways to getting from point to point. I know it's a hopmage to a CS map but it doesn't take away your merits for doing it

-2. Dantooine: I love maps with bridges to assault, it was a feast climbing on one of those broken columns and sniping the incoming imps

-3. Kastel, really nice architecture, fast paced too

-4. Dathomir, that natural bridge/passage near the cascade with the fog is really cool, excellent topology.

well that's it, I hope to see more of your stuff around soon:)

1. In the Kastel... I know, I have to manualy move walls - eventualy

-2. Both in Dantooine and Q city both enemies and allies keep falling off bridges - Usualy we deal with this using fense along bridge but you can not control AIs once they start fighting

-3. I loaded Italia, Dantooine, Q city, Dathomir, and The Kastel in an Instant action session, but the game quitted when loading Dathomir.- Dathomir is buggy, do not know what, so sometimes it loads sometimes it chrashes, that is why I did not include it in MapPack

-4. There's a hole in Dantooine - hmmm, there is always stuff like this, the problem is that I do not spend enough time on a single map, I move to the next one (which is not good).

PS. If you like Italia, I am sure you will love next one, stay tuned....

Tynna Deux still has viewdistance problem which I will fix soon I hope.

well, I later tried Tynna Deux and I liked it a lot, though i also caugth a few details that I think are worth looking into:

-1: In the "city" zone there are a few buildings with stairs, in some of them the last step is a little bit higher than the rest so you get stuck in it and have to jump it. Not good if your sneaking or hiding from the enemy.

-2: the view distance, hope you can fix it since this is a really nice map in terms of the layout and the different "views" you can get.

-3: In the upper CP's the one to the rigth has a nearby wall that's really annoying, it flickers a lot though it isn't related to the view distance since it dissapears even when you're standing next to it.

I liked the sewers and the river with the bridges. the big turret in the upper CP may be a little unbalancing, I easily massacred about 30+ imperials with it after capturing that point.

About the other maps and people falling off bridges well, thats what happens when you build a culture without fences...:)

Another issue i had after testing kastel for the second time, there's a small channel in the middle part of the map, if you fall into it there's no way to climb up again but you don't drown automatically, so once i did i was surrounded by 5+8 allies running around doing pretty much nothing while the team was being pounded by the enemy. If they could die inmediately after falling they could return to the figth more quicker:)

I don't wanna sound picky or anything, god knows the standard maps have big downers like on the Kasshyk(sp) port/market map where the enemy fall to the water they can't seem to find their way around the pier to the stairs...;)

Anyway, i'll keep checking onto your maps and maybe i'll gather some time in the future and create something by myself and post it around here somewhere, I did a little mapping with Jedi Outcast but never got around finishing the maps and publishing them, maybe i'll try remaking the one I did for battlegrounds, it is certainly more flexible in terms of scale and distances than JO was

PS: can't wait to see it

PPS: any suggestion about where can i find tutorials for mapping? is the documentation on the mod tools good enough? I'm downloading them rigth now and i would like to give it a try this weekend so if you know of any site with this kind of info i would really appreciate it

Well, i appriciate your reviews and will fix all those things eventualy and release maps as 1.1

Thank you for reviews they are single most helpful thinkg in making better maps. For view distance, that is the major thing I have with Deux and tried several combination, nothing worked. I am affraid the walls/object i used in Deux do not have lowrez textures which means they can not be viewed from distance which would suck but we will see. For tutorials, there is extensive research on our main web site (my signature). Then, there is my post Ask Eddie at

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=22859&tstart=125

where there are some basic Q&A, plus

Ask Saturn_V at

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=30593&tstart=0 with more advanced stuff, so a lot of Q&A around but NO common manual.

Ask Eddie is closed, but with over 25 pages, and any questions you might have ask in Ask SaturnV....

Oh yeah and Freds site:

http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/display_forum.asp

thanks a lot Eddie, so far i haven't been able to open zeroeditor, I've been checking the possible causes and none of them seem to be related, I'm gonna try reinstalling the game to see if this has somethng to do, but again thanks for the links

Archived