Home

Suggested units!!

Guest Rogue15

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starnick10287

About having characters(heros) from the expanded universe: GB will probably have heros form the EU because if you look at AoK, some heros are King Author and Robin Hood, and etc. But these heros are not in the main game just in the editor, so it will probably be the same with GB.

Guest Starnick10287

There won't be any capitol ships only the fighters and transports, and these fighters and transports can cross space, right? Well, fighters can attack enemy units, right? Bam, space battle.

Guest Tie Guy

It's not that easy. The fighters would have to have the ability to fight other air units. This has not been done in any other RTS game i know of.

BTW, of course there will be space terrain, they have screenshots, but the units can only travel on the platforms. Except for fighters that is.

I don't know why capital ships would be a problem. I'm not talking about making a Star Wars-Armada type game, just one or two ships per race like starcraft.

That was a game that hit almost every area of combat except naval combat(not once did complain about crossing the water in a protoss carrier than a PT boat).

Rebellion was one of the few rts games to attempt to cover all aspects of combat, but I think it was too "realistic" for most rts gamers(i.e. it took a long time to build and organize a sizable fleet and almost as long to send it across the galaxy to do battle)

But maybe they will have capital ships in the editor, I would not be upset.:cool:

yeah, capital ships would be interesting, although they may not apply to every race (which means that they are unique to only a few races). i don't know, i still have to wait for that guide to star wars vessels and vehicles that tie told me about. if they were placed in the game, they would have to be larger compared to fighter planes, so i don't know if they will be in there....

Guest Tie Guy

High Hopes guys, but i really don't think that air units can fight air units. The point is to attack bases that are undefend from air, buy defended from ground. It makes other have to worry about teh air threat. And, they can attack ground forces without retaliation, unless they are anti-air. Still, you never know....

Leon, what kinda story would a smuggler's guild have?

Originally posted by Tie Guy

It's not that easy. The fighters would have to have the ability to fight other air units. This has not been done in any other RTS game i know of.

BTW, of course there will be space terrain, they have screenshots, but the units can only travel on the platforms. Except for fighters that is.

It was done in Star Craft.

Tie guy: to answer a previous post in this thread:

a smuggler's guild would handle trade routes.

if you would have a port, smugglers would land occasionally, bringing you resources they bought from another civ and vice versa.

it would bring a nice trade element to it too..

Guest Tie Guy

Observer, i've never played StarCraft, but are you sure that airplanes could fire at and destroy other airplanes? I didn't think they could.

an air unit (i guess that's what you were asking..)

quite big like it should be. biggest ship was an Ordoss transport that served like an aircraft carrier (like the one on RA2; complete with tiny fighters)

no matter if they will put battleships in or not; i think the emphasis will be on ground battles.

yup, aircraft can destroy other aircraft. if you had two good people playing each other, you'd observe a lot of interesting air battles...i figure star wars isn't gonna be too much different. however, the focus should and will be on the ground. besides, if you had a capture the flag battle and all you had left was air units, who's gonna pick it up?

Guest Tie Guy

They might not have air-to-air battles, this is the AOK engine, no the Starcraft one. I hope they will though....

Guest Master Yoda

Well I think your fighters will be able to attack enemy fighters as well as ground targets.. though the main focus will be on ground(I hope).

Guest Kayote

how abou the Ssi-Ruuvi?-they'd certainly play differently w/ their entechment technology

the Yuuzhan Vong and Jabba's Gang would fun too

and what about the chiss?(thrawn's race?)

i'm almost assured that aircraft can attack other aircraft. granted, this is not starcraft but what is a star wars rts game where aircraft can't shoot down other aircraft? i can't imagine starcraft (and starwars) with aircraft just shooting ground units. i'm pretty sure lucasarts realizes this as well. after all, starcraft was the game of the year when it came out.......

Archived