Home

Super Star Destroyer?

Heavyarms

Jan - what i'm talking about are the Dreadnaughts in the 'Thrawn Trilogy'. They were supposed to be part of the Republic Fleet before the Clone Wars, and yet when we finally see the Clone Wars, they use completely new equipment for a completely new Army. Actually, on the subject of the Trawn Trilogy, another part of EU I never liked was the Salami that could block out the force - never made sense to me considering that life creates and sustains it.

Oh yes, to finish my mini-rant, does anyone else get irritated by the number of Jedi in EU, and in particular the NJO, who go over to the Dark Side and then go back to the light? It's like its what all the Cool Jedi are doing, so everyone is in for a piece of the action, even though Yoda, with hundereds of years of experience, said that you couldn't turn back from the Dark Side (yes I know Vader did, but he was a special case)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Windu

the Salami that could block out the force

Italia must be so blocked off from the force :lol:

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Oh yes, to finish my mini-rant, does anyone else get irritated by the number of Jedi in EU, and in particular the NJO, who go over to the Dark Side and then go back to the light? It's like its what all the Cool Jedi are doing, so everyone is in for a piece of the action, even though Yoda, with hundereds of years of experience, said that you couldn't turn back from the Dark Side (yes I know Vader did, but he was a special case)

No one is beyond redemption. And the NJO is not good anyway. There's more then enough NJO haters.

Republic Fleet and Republic Army are 2 seperate entities all together.

While we know the Republic didn't have a united standing army just before the Clone Wars, it doesn't mean they didn't have a fleet. I can't remember reading anything about that. Though I don't waste much time on the Prequel era. :)

The ships you are thinking of was lost though several years before the Clone Wars started.

Jan - hardly. The way I look at the Republic in Ep1 and until the end of Ep2 is basically that of the United Nations, except with more power. It doesn't have its own military, which is why one was created for them in Ep2. Also, if the Republic already had a fleet, why build the Republic Assault Ships? The fleet that you are talking about Jan, the Katana Fleet, supposedly dissapeared pre-CW but it didn't include the entire fleet, just some of it.

Archived