Home

If you like sim games, check this out!!

cheekymonkeyNo1

First of all the link you provided is bad. Should be: http://www.edgeofchaos.net (you added a comma on the end)

The screenshots look nice. Have you played it yourself? I couldn't find a download page for it. EDIT: It keeps telling me that the server is down. That must be why I can't get it.

P.S.-- Big Avenger, it's never wise to insult someone with the tag "Stallion/Sith" here. If you don't already know, they are the mods of this page, and have the power to ban you.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited September 03, 2001).]

Guest garyah99

Originally posted by the big avenger:

errrr, no its not I-War you patronising idiot. It's a totally seperate online game that has been released to promote I-War2

Well, Mr. Big mouth newbie; for one thing, Nob IS an admin of this site, he's also one of the original members of this forum, and I'd wager knows a hell of lot more about the computer gaming biz than YOU do! The home page that your link points even says "Edge of Chaos: Independence War 2". Watch you mouth or get the heck out of here !!

Listen up mr. big avenger:

Apart from the fact that Nob is a mod here and an old and well respected member of the XWA community, there is something else that bothers me:

WHO gave you the right to call ANYONE in this site a "patronising idiot" ? mad.gif

Even if Nob was wrong about it (which is obviously <u>not</u> the case here), you should have stated a different opinion POLITELY !

If you can't do that, you don't belong here.

<font color="black">

[This message has been edited by Fondas (edited September 04, 2001).]

OK boys keep ya hair on!! your Jedi God man is actually incorrect because this online game is an entirely different version that has been released to PROMOTE I-War2 EdgeOfChaos. it is NOT I-War. So don't get on my back for being right. I will however apologise for my turn of phrase and withdraw my comment unconditionally. Nob, I apologise

Guest garyah99

your Jedi God man is actually incorrect because this online game is an entirely different version that has been released to PROMOTE I-War2 EdgeOfChaos. it is NOT I-War. So don't get on my back for being right.

Can we just shoot him now???

BTW, What does this thread have to do with XWA??

[This message has been edited by garyah99 (edited September 05, 2001).]

Guest garyah99

you people are unbelievable! just admit that you are human (although sometimes I wonder) and you made a mistake. Maybe you could even apologise to me for patronising me about what I do and don't know.....but somehow I doubt you guys do much of that

ALRIGHT MISTER, IT TAKES A LOT TO GET ME TICKED, BUT YOU DID IT!!! YOU HAVE YET TO PROVE YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING, THE LINK YOU PROVIDED DIDN'T WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE, IN THE SECOND PLACE THE WEBSITE SAYS "EDGE OF CHAOS: INDEPENDENCE WAR 2". IN THE THIRD PLACE, YOU CAME IN HERE, TO A PLACE WHERE YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANYBODY, AND PROCEEDED TO CALL ONE OF OUR FOUNDING MEMBERS "A PATRONIZING IDIOT", AND SOMEONE WHO IS ACTUALLY INVOLVED IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY TO BOOT. I'LL TAKE NOB'S WORD OVER SOME BIG MOUTHED NEWBIE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, IF HE SAY'S IT'S THE SAME GAME THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE WEBSITE EVEN INDICATES IT'S THE SAME GAME! LASTLY, YOU DIDN'T EVEN CHECK THE RULES OF POSTING IN THIS FORUM TO KNOW THAT THIS FORUM IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR X-WING:ALLIANCE RELATED TOPICS. THIS THREAD BELONGS IN THE "COMMUNITY CENTRE". THEN YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO USE TERMS LIKE "YOUR FORUM GOD MAN" TO AGAIN PUT DOWN ONE OF OUR LONG TIME MEMBERS?????? AND YOU'RE STILL INSISTING THAT YOU ARE RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG AND WE SHOULD ALL APOLOGIZE TO YOU??????? YOU HAD BETTER THINK VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR NEXT POST, OR IT MAY BE YOUR LAST!

[This message has been edited by garyah99 (edited September 06, 2001).]

Whoa whoa whoa.

Now chill.

garyah thanks for sticking up for me, but I don't think you need to go all that far.

Caps is a little much.

And I apologize if I came off as patronising, but to me anything that takes place in a specific universe IS the same franchise, so I stand by my claim.

Anyway, chill or this thread's sleeping with the fishes, capiche?

Nob, like I said before I apologise unconditionally for my turn of phrase previously and I stand by that. I just feel agrieved that I am receiving so much stick about something I do in fact know about. Regardless of whether it says I-War2 Edge of Chaos on the site, this online game has been released to PROMOTE I-War 2 which is why you see that scrawled all over the screen. Anyway this seems to no longer be the point. This i realise is an XWA site and the only reason I came in here was to share this game I had found, thought you guys might enjoy it as it is in the same vein as Star Wars and XWA etc.

As for you garyah, are you 'ticked', have I wound you up?? Are you threatening me with your capital letters??? Well F**k you. I laugh even harder because i know what I've said is right and you obviously have no idea and are using the weight of your 'fantastic' 1700 posts to make me think you do. This converstion is over......

...Well F**k you. I laugh even harder because i know what I've said is right and you obviously have no idea and are using the weight of your 'fantastic' 1700 posts to make me think you do. This converstion is over......

So... this is your idea of "polite response" ?

This is NOT about you being wrong or right about a bloody game, this is about insulting people !!!! rolleyes.gif

Gary, please do not answer the insult.

Errrr how can you say this isn't about me being right or wrong?? Thats how this all started!! And in case you hadn't noticed i have apologised twice for the way i spoke to Nob. My grievence is with you wankers who keep coming back to me with responses that are rubbish!! Why are you 'quoting' me as having said anything about 'a polite response'??? I never said anything even along those lines. I have no problems being rude to those who deserve it!! (read the top of this response B4 u have a dig for what I said to Nob!!)

If this is about being insulted have a little scroll back to some of things your boys have said to me. the insulting part of this was over long ago when I apologised to Nob.

Go on Gary respond.......!!

the big avenger's nick should be "the big mouth".

This is your only warning. I'm an admin and can and will ban you if need be. So if you don't want to post here anymore, then please continue. If you would like to remain at this online community, then I suggest you put down your guns and start treating people with respect.

There are many forums out there that don't have a problem with name calling and other kinds of flames, but this isn't one of them. Flaming of any kind is a big no-no.

We've had a lot of trouble with some of our newbies lately and so we keep a watchful eye on them. We're all keeping our eye on you now.

Guest garyah99

If Big Avenger thinks he deserves an apology; here it is: I DO apologize for the caps, perhaps it was a little overboard, but I do NOT apologize for the content of my previous post. Like so many of us "Old Timers", I consider that one of my friends (Nob) got severely flamed by a newcomer; who had no right to call anyone "a patronizing idiot", let alone a forum admin. His second post, which I assume was supposed to be an apology, he referred very demeaningly to the same person as our "little forum god", and continued to assert that we owed HIM an apology for taking offence to his first post. Then he proceeds to tell me to "F" off in what is supposed to be a second "apology" post? Fondas is right. This thread may have started out to be about an online computer game, the title of which, at this point, is academic, but it has turned into a flame war. Whether or not the game is "Independence War 2" or some on-line commercial is no longer important. What is important is the conduct, language and decorum that has been violated in this thread. So there's your apology Big Avenger. I'm sorry to ALL forum members if I went a little overboard in my previous post by using all capital letters, but I stand by my statements, and that's MY last word on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellas, did you miss me??? Back from a weeks holiday and I just KNEW I'd have something to read when I returned!! It would seem that you have all held hands, brought out the senior admins and closed your eyes whilst unanimously saying "we are right, we are right, threaten him and he will leave....." My parting comment......I have taken the liberty of contacting Infogrammes who created the game in question and posed my question to them. Unfortunately for you all it would seem that I am indeed correct and you are all in fact INcorrect. I know this will make NO difference whatsoever to your stance but hey. You drove me to be petty about this only because you were being so terribly anal about my (already apologised for) comment. I wish you were grown up enough to shake my hand and say "sorry mate, we were wrong" especially as I have withdrawn my rude comment. I live in hope......

Agreed.

It hasn't been about being right or wrong for some time now,... now it's about the proper civil behavior on the boards, and showing a little respect to those around you.

There's more than one way to make a point, and Mr. B.A. could have done it without starting a flame-fest, but he chose not to.

And that's really what this is all about.

Guest Hannibal

BA apologized for his remark, and just because he accidentally attacked that social heirarchy that you cling to rather tightly on these forums doesn't mean it was necessary to intimidate him into leaving the boards completely. Both parties were wrong and a newbie was scared away by a gang of defensive elitists. I think everyone should apologize, but clearly it's too late for that. Still, I apologize for posting such an agressive message.

For God's sake, this isn't about flaming or anything like that!! I apologized for 'flaming' someone about 20 posts ago and all you lot have done is harp on about respect and new people blah blah blah. As Hanibal says (and thank you for your support) you are all clinging to this elitest hierarchy that is SO advanced the guy I insulted hasn't even had a go at me, maybe he like most people would, accepted my apology and realised that there was nothing else to say about the matter!! Does he need you bunch of snapping, *****ing little ewoks to fight his battle?? I doubt it, I beleieve he has already told you to chill the **** out once already. I dunno, maybe this is some whole Jedi **** i don't get, you know kind of a Darth Vadar sucking the **** of the Emperor thing, God knows.

Archived