Home

The thing about blasters...

Excalibur Bane

Why is it that they always have to have extra shots flying around that have no actual effect on the hit and miss roll? I mean, if I shoot I either hit or miss. I don't miss two shots and hit with the third.

Is it to try to and make the game feel more like a gun battle or something similar? I find it more irritating then I do beneficial. I tried to make a mod just to show the single shot hit and miss system for KOTOR 1 but I couldn't manage it. I couldn't find anyone interested in making a mod either, unfortunately.

Anyway, I've finished it three times. LS male, DS male and LS female. I want to make a blaster tank character this next time around and thought I would seek out some advice for the best weapon/armor combo. My thoughts would be the Mandalorian Heavy Armor since it has the stun/horror/etc traits with an AC of 12 I think. Not sure what armor upgrades would be the best. I'm thinking Heavy Repeating Carbine for weapon. It seems to be the only upgradeable Repeater.

Anyway, I would appreciate some thoughts on how to assemble a killing machine with blasters. I actually find blasters more entertaining then running around with the lightsaber and robes constantly. I guess I'm in the minority :)

Perhaps you should consider using light/medium armor since it doesn't restrict Dexterity like heavy armors do. As a gun slinger, you'll need all the dexterity you can get.

As for laser bolts, it was indeed to make it looks more like a gun fight. I like it the way it is and don't see what's so irritatiing about it, but if you do, meh.

Well, action goes by "rounds" which is a period of a few seconds. The calculations are to determine what the outcomes are each round. So it isn't necessarily checking if shot one or two hits, but if you hit during the round. Besides, it is better to make it look more cinematic, no?

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Perhaps you should consider using light/medium armor since it doesn't restrict Dexterity like heavy armors do. As a gun slinger, you'll need all the dexterity you can get.

I found in KotOR that a limited max dexterity bonus really didn't make that much of a difference. Carth's DEX was high enough that you could put him in heavy armor with almost no penalty to his To Hit roll.

With that being said, for TSL, I had really good luck with Mira during my last playthrough. Took CON to 18 so that I could give her the good implants, then focused entirely on DEX. The 2 Close Combat feats are a must for serious ranged players, not to mention all of the Targeting and Precision feats that she gets automatically at certain levels. Give her items that maximize DEX (seem to be skill-related...specifically stealth). As for weapons: Mandalorian Heavy Blasters (upgraded). I don't remember the exact components that I used, but each weapon did 9-45(~) damage and a +3 attack bonus.

I'm thinking Heavy Repeating Carbine for weapon. It seems to be the only upgradeable Repeater.
\

I am 99% sure that Carbibes are Non-Upgradeable.

The Best Upgradeable weapon 'for damage' is the Zersium Rifle.

No contest. (My Mandalore had 20-70 damage with it and I know you can get better than that.)

Be sure to take the Deflection force powers so you can still deflect incoming blaster shots without a saber.

As for Armor, Mandalorian Assault heavy Armor is pretty good stuff also.

Archived