Home

Changing influence?

Ellderon

Is it possible to change the way influence works?

What I mean is the following - the bigger the aligment difference between you and the NPC, the smaller influence you will have on him.... OR in other wordsIf I'm really DS and get Handmiaden to join, when I do someting to increase my infulence with her, it is less that it would be if I was LS (since she is LS from the start).

However, as she slowly decends in to the evil side, I get more and more influence over her (max is normal influence)

What this would do is make it harder to influence people of opposite aligment so easily...

Originally posted by DarthSmallz

Darth333, released a 100% influence mod, you should get that!;)

Well not really, Darth333's mod is for people starting a new game. It sounds like Ellderon is in a game currently with the handmaden in which case i suggest that you use KSE to edit everyone's influence to 100.

no..you got it wrong..

I don't want to increase my influence with some party members.. If I wanted to d othat, there is a 100% influence mod.

What I want is to make gaining/loosing influence a bit more real.

A good guy would react more positive to another good guy than to a bad guy (even if both are doing something positive)

Let me give you an example

Scenario 1:

Player is 100% Light Side. Handmaiden is Light Side. He does something the handmaiden would approve and get's 10 influence points with her.

Scenario 2:

Player is 100% Dark Side, Handmaiden is Light Side. Player does the same thing he did in scenario 1, but get's 5 influence points, since the aligment difference is great.

As he does/sez things handmaiden would approve of he gets more influence with her. The more she falls to the Dark Side, the greater his infuelnce over her will be .6 ..7 ..8 points, and so on..to the standard max of 10.

Get teh picture?

Hmmm, well to answer your question there is a lightside mod, but not in the way your thinking.

He does something the handmaiden would approve

Im guessing you mean in dialogue. The influence gain and loss is all added in the dialogue through a script. To edit how much is given each time you would have to go into those dialogues and change the influence script to be the ammount you want it to be,

IE: In one of the dialogues the player does something good, attached to the script header in this dialogue node would be the default, unless you want a different ammount, script for influence increase which would be, "a_influence_inc". If you wanted to change the ammount of influence gained or lost you would have to edit the scripts, and then replace them in each dialogue.

Archived