Home

Problem with Side Quest in Telos Restoration Zone (possible spoilers)

camerson

I am able to get to the restoration zone and take out all the mercs in the zone and at the Czerka Site, but the one quest I have, to find the escaped killers,

apparently the rodian and dev are on the planet's surface.

However I can't seem to find them, does anyone know where they are?

Originally posted by camerson

I am able to get to the restoration zone and take out all the mercs in the zone and at the Czerka Site, but the one quest I have, to find the escaped killers,

apparently the rodian and dev are on the planet's surface.

However I can't seem to find them, does anyone know where they are?

This is a little known and very annoying glitch. Sometimes they 'don't' spawn. TSL's buggy code somehow forgets the fact to spawn them even when the quest is in your Journal Log.

When they "do" actually spawn.. you'll be walking downhill and you'll stumble upon them (and 2 mines)...

The same thing happen to me to. Instead of the rodian and dev it shows 3 normal mercenary's.

that's really bad.

And it appears the only way they show again is if we start the game from the beginning. If anyone now's a better way please tell me. Thanks

Originally posted by BMartins

So what should we do to make those criminals always show?

I took note the last few playthroughs and it seems that they will not spawn if you don't go speak to Grenn about them after encountering them in the Czerka office. Simply triggering the cutscene in Citadel Station does not set the global.

FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...

In my two playthroughs I never saw them either without cheating. They are spawned if the variable 202TEL_Spawn_Killers is 11. I used KSE to set it to that value just before boarding the shuttle to Telos surface. They were there after that.

If I understood it correctly, the variable is set to a different value when you return the intelligence droid to either Habat or Lorso, possibly crippling the quest. Can't see why they did that.

Archived