Home

DEX bonus

nas77

Just need clarification about something. If DEX modifiers govern chance to hit with a blaster, and heavy armour limits the DEX bonus, why doesn't wearing heavy armour reduce chance to hit? Is wearing heavy armour limiting at all when it says the max DEX bonus it gives is +0??

Armour (or Armor for you crazy Americans) Class. It represents how much protection a suit of armour provides.

The limiting max dex value is supposed to represent the fact that some armours are big and bulky and restrict your movement somewhat.

Originally posted by McPurplesaber

So if i normally have a 16 DEX with a +7 bonus, but I am wearing an armor with a +3 max DEX bonus, then actually i only have a max rating of 19 DEX, right?

Somewhat, it more or less applies to the bonuses you get with said Dex...

ie - if you have +7 to hit because of your Dex., the armor will limit it to +3 (basically losing +4)...

also works for AC bonuses in the same manner...

ie - your Dex. gives you a total bonus of +6 to AC, the armor will limit it to +3 bonus AC... hopefully the armor's given base AC will make up for the difference, though sometimes it's better off to go with a light or medium armor letting your Dex bonuses make up for it..

Keep in mind however, if you're stunned or paralyzed...Dex bonuses go out the window (you get nada)...:eek:

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

ie - if you have +7 to hit because of your Dex., the armor will limit it to +3 (basically losing +4)...

also works for AC bonuses in the same manner...

ie - your Dex. gives you a total bonus of +6 to AC, the armor will limit it to +3 bonus AC... hopefully the armor's given base AC will make up for the difference, though sometimes it's better off to go with a light or medium armor letting your Dex bonuses make up for it..

Keep in mind however, if you're stunned or paralyzed...Dex bonuses go out the window (you get nada)...:eek:

shwiggity-shwat? :confused:

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

But this doesn't happen to me; this is what I don't get. If I've got Atton in normal clothing his 'to hit' rating doesn't get any lower if I equip with a suit of armour, even if it's mandalorian armour with def 12 and max dex +0. Sure on the character screen Atton's DEX modifier is a red 0 with the armour on but it doesn't seem to actually affect anything when you look at the 'to hit' ability in the equip screen. :confused: I mean I'm not complaining that he can still hit with blasters, it's just I don't get it.

Originally posted by nas77

But this doesn't happen to me; this is what I don't get. If I've got Atton in normal clothing his 'to hit' rating doesn't get any lower if I equip with a suit of armour, even if it's mandalorian armour with def 12 and max dex +0. Sure on the character screen Atton's DEX modifier is a red 0 with the armour on but it doesn't seem to actually affect anything when you look at the 'to hit' ability in the equip screen. :confused: I mean I'm not complaining that he can still hit with blasters, it's just I don't get it.

Ahh..ok....

After hearing that, then it must only affect the AC bonuses, and have nothing to do with "to hit" modifiers. :)

I guess with heavy armor, you can still shoot hehehe makes sense ;)

That's my read on it. Armor doesn't affect your manual dexterity, just your movement speed... well, good armor doesn't effect your manual dexterity anyway. An all the armor in KOTOR and KOTOR II is flexible enough and light enough for people to run in. So your to hit bonus stays, but you lose your AC bonus.

Archived