Home

Nihilus/ Sion Cutscene?

90SK

Yeah i got the game guide too, and I was wondering what was up with this, but I figured it was something that they decided to cut from the game, but the guide for some reason doesn't say anything about

HM fighting Atris

Yeah, I think the problem was the end was a massive let down, and left everyone pretty hacked off, there are a few things that i felt cheated by...

I never understood how the Ebon Hawk could even fly off the planet. I was pretty much expecting everyone to die when the mass-shadow thing was set off... I mean, the ship crashed. Really crashed, you could see it crumple in the cut-scene. If bao dur couldnt fix the shuttle on Telos, then there was no way he could fix that.

and

The whole Mira Hanharr thing. wtf was the point?

At least the Dark Side ending made some kind of logical sense... especially if you check the title of the cutscene. It doesn't matter what else happens in that version.

Originally posted by Moonie

I never understood how the Ebon Hawk could even fly off the planet. I was pretty much expecting everyone to die when the mass-shadow thing was set off... I mean, the ship crashed. Really crashed, you could see it crumple in the cut-scene. If bao dur couldnt fix the shuttle on Telos, then there was no way he could fix that.

It crashed but it wasn't that disastrous; it might have been crumpled a little but it wasn't smashed to pieces or anything and there was never any indication it couldn't fly again. In the very last cutscene when the Hawk flies past you can see the dents, so I guess you've gotta assume the bodywork was badly hit but everything else was working fine. And what's so hard to believe about that?

Originally posted by nas77

It crashed but it wasn't that disastrous; it might have been crumpled a little but it wasn't smashed to pieces or anything and there was never any indication it couldn't fly again. In the very last cutscene when the Hawk flies past you can see the dents, so I guess you've gotta assume the bodywork was badly hit but everything else was working fine. And what's so hard to believe about that?

I didn't notice the dents, I must admit... I was sat with jaw-on-the-floor disbelief as the ship i saw fall into the core of the planet sailed out to pick me up. I dunno. Perhaps it's just me, but I really wanted it to be a sacrifice - throughout the game you have the choice to say the sacrafice of Jedi at Malachor was necessary, and I think it would have been a fitting ending.

I suppose I think it was all a bit surreal

Originally posted by Moonie

I didn't notice the dents, I must admit... I was sat with jaw-on-the-floor disbelief as the ship i saw fall into the core of the planet sailed out to pick me up. I dunno. Perhaps it's just me, but I really wanted it to be a sacrifice - throughout the game you have the choice to say the sacrafice of Jedi at Malachor was necessary, and I think it would have been a fitting ending.

I suppose I think it was all a bit surreal

What you just described could very well have been what happened. Perhaps, playing on the dark side, you don't see the Hawk again because it was sacrificed, because the Exile was still reckless with the lives of those who stood by him, whereas on the light side he came to understand that life shouldn't be hastily sacrificed and this was symbolised by the survival of the Hawk. Just a possible interpretation of the ending (which Kotor 3 might well prove to be wrong :rolleyes: )

Archived