Home

About the two fugitive criminals on Telos

Darth Aleera

This is the fourth time that I'm playing Kotor II, but I haven't seen these two npgs yet. I know that the quest is bugged, but I read in this forum that some people has actually solved it.

When it's possible to meet them, in Jana Lorso's office at Czerka, I've seen that there is no way to kill them, and, in Telos surface, I never met the two aliens. I've read in the forum that is necessary to speak lieutenant Grenn about their plan to wait sometime on Telos before leaving the system, but, also trying that way, it not happened that the criminals spawn in the planet.

there is some way to have the quest completed instead of saying Grenn that you killed them, when in fact you did not?

Unfortunately, I do not meet them.

On Telos surface, only people I met were humans mercenaries and a twi'lek with two battle droids, not at all the rodian and the horned humanoid that are in Czerka office on Citadel Station.

The game simply seems to not spawn them.

Is not any real problem, I’m simply curious about what would have been this quest ending. Until the game will be patched (and obviously this problem solved), I think I shall simply say Grenn that

"I killed them on Telos surface"

pretending that the quest is complete (so I can take the reward and have the quest log updated).

I've only played it as a lightsider, but as far as I can see, the problem is that the variable that keeps track of if the criminals should spawn in the Telos Restoration Zone is reset when you talk to either Habat or Lorso when bringing the Ithorian droid intelligence back to either of them.

When you encounter the criminals in Lorso's office and the cutscene with them fleeing plays, the variable "202TEL_Spawn_Killers" is set to "11". This is the value required for the criminals to spawn. However, at above mentioned conversations, the variable is set to "3" for some reason, thus preventing them to spawn planetside.

So to ensure that they spawn, get the quest from Grenn. Then enter the Czerka compound to ensure the criminals spawn there, but don't go into Lorso's office yet (to avoid triggering the fleeing scene). Now finish the droid quest for the Ithorians, and then return to the Czerka compound and get the scene where the criminals flee. Now they should spawn in the restoration zone later.

I didn't spend time looking at the game files for this but I was able to complete the quest more than once after meeting the criminals in Lorso's office and then , before doing anything else, reporting to gren and chosing the option: "I chased them down and killed them" (or something like this) without meeting them in the restoration zone... :rolleyes: feels like cheating...

Originally posted by Darth333

I didn't spend time looking at the game files for this but I was able to complete the quest more than once after meeting the criminals in Lorso's office and then , before doing anything else, reporting to gren and chosing the option: "I chased them down and killed them" (or something like this) without meeting them in the restoration zone... :rolleyes: feels like cheating...

Yes, I think that option is always there as long as you've gotten the quest but haven't been to the planet surface yet. Grenn is far too trusting. :)

But its more fun to deal with them down on the planet instead. Like every other 2-bit thug in the galaxy they seem to believe they can take down a Jedi and tries to collect the bounty on your head. You get some extra dialog with Bao-Dur when encountering them too. :)

Thanks, I will follow your suggestion in next game.

Unfortunately, siding with Ithorians, does not allow two Exchange quests that are assigned before the meeting with Loppak Slusk that are available if you side with Czerka.

But considering that I've never been able to complete the quest before, this shall be the better solution. I hope the patch, when it will be released, would resolve this problem in a definitive way.

Archived