Home

GTMF '05 - Artwork

LiMP RABBiT

The theory I was working on is that there'd be a big map in the Department of Death of the Living Land, and different parts of it would light up indicating where someone was dying.

To start with, it was in the foyer. But in the BOOK version, it makes more sense for that to be in the primary landing bay.

How do you deal with the Father Christmas problem - e.g. that there aren't enough reapers to deal with all the deaths?

Do you go with the Pratchett "Death only needs to reap a few random souls and that's enough" or are there just ****loads of reapers?

• 5 months later...

I never did reply. Wow. I wonder how you kept track of that. :S

There are many many reapers. While Death himself controls it all, it's much too big, you see. So he's opened corporate offices, they're called the DOD.

Holy crap, I've been looking for that art for months so I could finish my custom Terra DVD covers for storing the radio plays.

Hurra.

Well, I aim to please. But you have just given me an idea. MJ, would it be possible to provide some art work that I could label a Lost Cause CD with? My lovely new labelling kit is begging to be used. Of course, if your too busy with There's Still No Hope, that's fine too.

PS. The link to Conversations with Dead People on the home page is busted. It directs you to Microsoft.com. Just thought you should know.

Then we're talking about a huge amount of reapers... especially considering that they need to talk to the person, transport them around, give them the right forms etc. etc.

Sorry to be argumentative but it's interesting to think about!

You assume that everyone goes to Tierra de los Muertos though.

If you read Matias' blog (as always, a very subtle hint) you'll notice that about 2000 souls are reaped a day, with only about a tenth of those slated for permanent residency... maybe it depends on what you believe in?

Archived