Home

recruitable Vandar: my first mod released

Simbacca

i have just released my first mod to recruit Master Vandar!

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/11275.html

i called it v0.5 because there was more i would of liked to have added to it, such as more recruitment choices, a custom saber, etc. i will make an update sometime, but i just wanted to stop working on it and actually finish playing the game normally (i'm only on my 1st time through! i have finished Tatoonie, Kashyyyk, and im currently on Manaan)

thanks for the praise guys.

i did have a few unresolved issues in this mod, but i just wanted to get it out there with latter versions to come.

i had trouble getting the look of Vandar's outfit to change when equiping other armor or robes. i originally had a changed appearance.2da file in the mod, but it didn't work. perhaps it is because he is so short.

i originally wanted to have Vandar come equiped with a custom White Sabre. i didn't for 2 reasons, first being that i haven't asked the author of the white sabre mod i'm using if i could include it, and secondly being when i opened the utc file in the KotOR tool and clicked the inventory button, i didn't know how to get custom items in there.

other than those two, i find the mod to be pretty much complete, unless there is more that can be done to add to the experience that i am unaware of.

also, i am not sure if everyone would agree with my starting stats, but they made sense to me. since i have never seen Vandar in action, i had to give him what i though Yoda would have a level six in this game, which is way i gave him:

8 str

15 dex

11 con

10 int

18 wis

13 cha

i wouldn't imagine Yoda having a ton of physical strength, or being a computer/lockpicking/demolitions wiz, or even a naturally high constitution.

i do imagine Yoda having good reflexes and defense, and tons of wisdom. as far as charisma, i had no idea. i didn't think Luke found him all that charismatic when he met him, nor do i think Yoda is like a master playa with da ladies. then again, i would think you would need some charisma to head the jedi council and be well liked.

of course con, dex, and cha are begging for one of the 4 remaining attribute points, but thought i tempted it that way, i wouldn't add one to con. i just threw that in there like a curve ball, but maybe someone would make use of it. i would put 1 in dex, 1 in cha, and 2 in wis, but thats just me.

You did well. Infact those stats are very well rounded. Albeit a little low for my tastes but well rounded.

Now as to different appearance's for different clothes your going to need to do alot of new skins for the body model. The reason is all of the armors used for the player are simply new body models with new skins. Since the Vandar/Yoda model is a single Head & body this can be rather simple and yet complicated.

Originally posted by Darkkender

You did well. Infact those stats are very well rounded. Albeit a little low for my tastes but well rounded...

i didn't intend for them to seem low though they do look it. to make these stats, i loaded up the game and played around with the creation process. his stats are subject to the same restrictions as the player character, so a player character could use all his attribute points and have those stats at level 6 as well.

but in reality, i think he's stats will well suit him for his force power support role. -1 str modifier will hardly hurt, he'll still get decent hit rate with the dex, and if you want skills, use T3 :p

i think i gave him decent starting feats too, so don't worry, including dueling, lvl 1 Power attack (i just know his little self flips around in battle), and i think i add a lvl 4 Sneak Attack. go go Stasis-Sneak Attack.

They just looked low the first time round probably because you gave him an 18 in wis. I prefer 16's if your using those point buy method characters. But what I was hinting at is Vandar is very strong in the force (High wisdom, & High Charisma). Charisma is not all about personality.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived