Home

Spontaneous combustion

Dagobahn Eagle

Apparently, 10 people were evacuated out of a building due to smoke. Fire fighters figured out that the smoke came from a burning bag in the washing room.

According to the fire department, if you take hot clothes out of a drier and stuff them tightly together (as was the case with those in the bag), they may produce additional heat and combust. It's rare, but it happens.

I didn't know that.

Norwegian News paper (source)

First Paragraph:

Ulmingen ga tett røyk i en leilighet i fjerde etasje av leiegården i Herman Foss gate 7, like ved Nygårdsgaten.

Om lag ti personer befant seg i huset da branntilløpet ble meldt klokken 21.40. Alle beboerne kom seg raskt ut av bygningen.

Hmm. Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't get the core message of that paragraph. :indif:

Originally posted by Herminator

Haha, stupid bergensere and their combustible clothes!

They keep you warm.

And Joe, I don't think it's allowed to post in any language other than English here. I can translate what you quoted, though :p

"The [glowing clothes] produced thick smoke in an appartment in the fourth floor of the appartment building in Herman Foss street 7, near Nygårdsgaten.

About 10 people were in the house when the [fire-starting] was reported at 21:40. All of the inhabitants got out out the building quickly."

I'm not sure about the English meaning of the two words I've [bracketed] (dang, first time in years a translation has had me stumped!).

Archived