Home

AT-PT vehicle?

Light Revan

the one in the game looks like nothing compared to the ones in rogue squadron and other games with the atpt in...

Yes, surely. But at the beginning of the SWBF's creation process, the AT-PT would not have to be integrated in the game. That can explain why this vehicle has not been fully finished and abandoned...

Originally posted by psych0fred

Did you see the ATPTs used by the Republic in Clone Wars II?

He means the Clone Wars cartoons, lev.

I found the design of the AT-RT (which is what was seen in the Clone Wars cartoon, and will appear in RotS) strange, since it offers the driver no protection at all. What's the point of being on that thing if all someone has to do is shoot you off with small-arms fire?

He means the Clone Wars cartoons, lev.

Yes, I didn't think to them...

I found the design of the AT-RT (which is what was seen in the Clone Wars cartoon, and will appear in RotS) strange, since it offers the driver no protection at all. What's the point of being on that thing if all someone has to do is shoot you off with small-arms fire?

I think that Lucas Studios have wanted to show that they were positive improvements to the AT-RT concept. I explain : The AT-RT is the ancestor of the Imperial AT-ST, and you know that Star Wars universe's vehicles have always been improved with time. Because the AT-ST were considered perfect when it was created, the studios imagined a predecessor which wouldn't have so much armor, resistance, protection and fire power. That's why the AT-RT does not fully protect its pilot and why it has few abilities, compared to its successor, the AT-ST.

Originally posted by Leviathan

The AT-PT is one of the unfinished models present in SWBF, and it would require a lot of work to restore all of its animations, movements, etc...

Yeah so was the MTT too, no? And that one is now fully functional! Look at Naboo Encounter v2.1.

Yeah so was the MTT too, no? And that one is now fully functional! Look at Naboo Encounter v2.1.

Yes, that's true... Cause the MTT appeared in the Star Wars Heptalogy, contrary to the AT-PT... Consequently, Pandemic couldn't fully make a vehicle which only exists in a cartoon and which is not entirely supported by LucasFilms...

LOL, thanks for using my map as an example. I must tell you guys that the MTT was basically finished, just not implemented with weapons and no maps had its sounds. I guessed at the sounds file names for it and got them right. It works!!

But, the AT-PT wasn't even completely finished. There are no enimations for it, which causes it to crash...

:fett:

Archived