Home

Anyone else have this random problem? *spoilers*

The Distorted

After playing this game through for the sixth time and previously having little or no serious problems, I encountered a dead end kind of fault towards the end.

At the point where I need to get to the enclave by returning to Dantooine (having obviously met all the jedi masters), I can go to any planet OTHER than Dantooine and they will load just fine, as normal - but when I step out of the Ebon Hawk after selecting my party once I've landed on Dantooine, the game doesn't load the planet but instead just goes blank (black), although I can still move the mouse cursor around, but it doesn't even register (flash) when I press one of its buttons or anything else.

The odd thing about this is that it seems as though the planet's data has only been corrupted for this save game, as I can go to Dantooine on any of my other characters' save files. Odd, no?

And I can certainly say that there was no reason for this to happen in this game as I didn't do anything weird at all (not even just gameplay wise) and did just like what I've done in the other characters' games. The weirdist thing I did was to spare Zez-Kai Ell and Vrook but I killed Kavar (cos I'm playing dark side, but I wanted to fight more than one of the masters at once - being a Sith Marauder an all :D ). The first time I played, I did the opposite to this and spared Kavar only (by mistake I might add, by siding with Queen Talia - but I digress), then killed him seperately on Dantooine - and that worked fine.

I even talked to Kreia on this game and she said that the other two masters had sensed his death and I should go face them now etc. It updated my journal and everything...I guess I'm just bitching cause it's frustrating being so close to the end and not being able to see it through, I wouldn't have given much of a crap if I hadn't spent so much time on it and it just screwed up one of the maps early on in the game - cos I doubt anyone here has an answer to fix this...I may try the warp code cheat - see if that can help or something...

It's just annoying cos I planned that this was gonna be my last character I do for this game, and I need closure DAMMIT!!! :rolleyes: Plus, he was my favourite character I've done (I made him a perfect duel wielding melee sword fighter with sith tremor swords and blaster deflection with his hands, but now I can't use these skills to kill those 2 arrogant remaining Jedi masters simultaneously as I was so looking forward to doing!)

It just shows how random this game is when it can be fine for 5 games in a row than screw up badly on the next one, and also for seemingly no reason at all.

I've seen this happening in Kotor 1 as well. I checked a few saved games from Kotor 1 with a similar problem (example: the screen would go completely blank when entering in the lower Taris cantina) and all the data for the corresponding module was missing (it was a 0k file). I was able to repair the savegame by extracting the relevant data from the module and reinserting it in the savegame (quite annoying procedure).

But instead of this, you could try warping to the academy module directly from the Hawk and see if it works (I don't think it would mess globals at this point in the storyline).

Yeah, I tried warping to outside the enclave (where the salvagers are - like the grey haired woman, Deraala or something) and it worked fine. So I just went into the academy as normal, proceeded as normal, and it has worked fine since. It seems that the only place that has been corrupted is the Khoonda part where you land the Ebon Hawk and I don't have to see that again so it's fine now - stupid computer says that I'VE cheated though now on my save game :rolleyes:

whatever cpu - you the cheater :cool::p

edit: killing those remaining Jedi simultaneously was awesome!!! :D

Archived