Home

spells 2da merging

hi im trying to merge the following... force crush,force scream,and the extended force powers...but when i open the 2da w/ excel i am not seeing any differences in the lines for each (i usually copy/paste then write 2da)am i doing something wrong? if i can figure it out w/ some help ill post it and give all credit to their rightful owners... thanx

Just trying to clarify: you're both saying that the Excel macro does not appear to be writing your changes out from Excel? I never seemed to have any problem with it.

L33T-THX-1138, maybe if you could email me the spreadsheet of what you're trying to write out. I'll PM you my email.

Doesn't help me: I don't know what "extended-powers" means. Like I said though, if you send me the Excel spreadsheet you're working with, I could take a firsthand look at it.

Edit: Oops sorry jmac, I just found your Extended Powers mod. I'll see what is up with this.

Here's what I did that worked:

1. Extracted spells.2da from the Force Crush mod. Renamed it to spells1.2da.

2. Extracted the spells.2da from the Extended Force Powers mod. Renamed it to spells2.2da.

3. Read both into Excel (creating two tabs named spells1.2da and spells2.2da).

4. Copied the extra rows from spells2.2da to the end of spells1.2da.

5. Write2da on spells1.2da but saved it as spells3.2da.

Now if you read back in spells1.2da (the original) and read in also spells3.2da you can see that they are different. You can also open spells3.2da in KotOR Tool if you don't believe it. :p

Archived