Home

Taking out turreted craft

Red Leader Ace

This is an area which I struggle on a lot, turreted craft always seem to get the better of me, even if I go in with full shields and cannons charged to maximum. Could you offer any advice on going after turreted craft, sheild settings, approach angles, anything! The Assault Shuttles on DSS are the worst.

Yeah, but I was wondering if there are any special techiniques you should use against them. I mean, taking out starfighters is easy because they don't have guns that can turn all the around. For example, on the DSS training mission, it's a breeze up until the Assualt Shuttles and the convoy. Even with 200% sheilds and laser and ion cannons linked, I still get destroyed. It's a little difficult to dodge their fire, because their guns move all the way around, they simply keep tracking you.

well.. in XWA turreted craft are tough to kill. If you are having truoble with that mission Hyper to the Convoy region, and then hyper to you home ship.. reload, go back, and they wont bug you

Otherwise, co-ordinate the attack with your wingman, dead fire missiles/torps. or mosey on in, and take a few shots before extending If you are going agaisnt a smaller craft with turrets (anyhting no Captial scale) attack the sides

• 3 weeks later...

Archived