Home

yuck! graphic problems :(

vesselle

i'm having problems with the graphics for GF on my current machine. game is patched and as soon as the cutscene ends, the game screen has artifacts all over it, much like a checkerboard. no problems with the sound... it's running beautifully.

i've installed it on the main drive which is XP Pro. i've also installed it on my WinME partition, both current with updates. happens on each, exactly the same.

i've tried running it in compatibility mode, disabling HT on my radeon 9600XT, installing different drivers and nothing seems to help.

anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

btw, it's the 2CD version for PC, just recently purchased online.

winxp pro, sp2

dx 9.0c

p3 2.53

512 mb pc2100 ram

sound audigy

thanks for any advice. :)

V***V

• 4 weeks later...

That's a very strange issue. I'm not aware of any incompatability with the newer ATI drivers with Grim Fandango, though somebody else who can test it might want to look into it. Running on XP should also cause no problems, nor should using the latest DirectX. In fact, your specification list seems completely fine.

All I can really think of is a driver fault, though I can't test it myself since I have an Nvidia card (which runs the game fine, sans anti aliasing). :/

• 4 weeks later...

Had the same problem with a very similar set up. I have DirectX 9.0 installed, I fixed it by turning off the Acceleration features from the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Go into Control Panel -> DirectX -> in the DirectX tab, click on the "DxDiag..." button -> select the "Display" tab in the Tool then check the DirectX features (DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture acceleration) in the bottom panel. Mine were all in the enabled state. Just disabled mine and the game would play fine.

Hope this helps

Billy

Archived