Home

Republic commando with the clone wars dvd?

guybroom

On the clone wars dvd (region 2) it says that there is a playable level of Republic Commando for xbox, but I can't play it.

I play the dvd with the xbox dvd converter (not sure if that's it's proper name) and when I try to play it says to insert the dvd into an xbox. Then when i take the dvd thing out to play it, it says to put the dvd thing in so i can play the dvd.

Does anyone know how to play the game?

Also, I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but none of the mods would answer my pms.

guybroom, my advice : dont bother : RC isnt all that fantastic.... I played the demo and that was all I needed to see :(

you said your clone wars dvd is region 2...so youre in the UK ?? If your XB isnt the same region, thats one reason it wont work...

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

you said your clone wars dvd is region 2...so youre in the UK ?? If your XB isnt the same region, thats one reason it wont work...

mtfbwya

Yeah I'm a Brit - God save our queen and all that! :D

But I'm confused. Are you saying that the xbox is region 1 so it wont play the game, when it will play every other game and dvd (still region 2) that i put in?

and i want to at least try the game before i write it off.

Originally posted by guybroom

Yeah I'm a Brit - God save our queen and all that! :D

But I'm confused. Are you saying that the xbox is region 1 so it wont play the game, when it will play every other game and dvd (still region 2) that i put in?

and i want to at least try the game before i write it off.

nah, if you bought your xb in the uk it'll be r2 :)

unless you have dial-up, why dont you dl the pc demo instead ??

mtfbwya

guybroom, my advice : dont bother : RC isnt all that fantastic.... I played the demo and that was all I needed to see :(

Actually, RC is pretty is great, atleast the PC version. It's worth buying, provided you have a good computer to play it. (The sys-recs are pretty hokey and it runs on my PC with highest graphics and it's a standard PC - mind you)

As for your problem - I thought it went something like you play the DVD on your XBOX and their must be some option to play the game somewhere...

I really need to get a console myself...

*drools at a PS3 image*

I disagree. Single player is really fun and I could play it over and over for months. Multiplayer CTF and Assault are okay, but it's single player that takes the glory.

If you want an awesome single player FPS with a great military feel in Star Wars, Republic Commando is your game. For multiplayer though, I'd prefer Battlefield 2.

As for your problem - I thought it went something like you play the DVD on your XBOX and their must be some option to play the game somewhere...

Yeah, it does that, but it says to insert it into the xbox - which then leads on to the trouble im having...

Archived