Home

noob who needs help

SITHSLAYER133

ok im trying to create an atris pc skin for the upcoming stargate

she reminds me of a certain To'kra the closest i got was it coming out of the head of another skin ive tried renaming the mdl and mdlx files from atrises

and tried replacing a model to test im stumped can any1 help

i ve allready placed the tgas in

If your saying you wish to take atris' mdl and mdx files and remake them into a new character right?

You'd have to do the editing in heads, portraits, appearances.2da's, then you'll need (or at least I always do) to use a HEX editing program like HEXworkshop to replace atris' entries contained within her model to the new name you will be using. Then save the file. rename both the mdl and mdx to the new character's name and that should work.

I'd highly recommend using Stoffe~mkb~'s TSLpatcher to make an installer for it as it will eliminate conflicts in the .2da files themselves.

Hope that lil' bit of info was what you were needin' :thumbsup:

:ben:

General Kenobi

Ooh also make sure you rename the textures too. ;) If it was originally called atris_body.tga and is specific to her it will replace both the new character and atris' as well.

You'll need to find the atris_body.tga or whatever it's called in it's mdl with a hex editor and change it to the new name.

ALSO

Try to keep the character length to the exact same number. Like this:

atris_body

newpc_body

that way you won't override sections of hex code that's meant for other things. ;)

and the atris_body was of course an example. I can't recall off the top of my head what her real textures are called.

:ben:

General Kenobi

Archived