Home

How to add a bullet hook to new models?

CrudeMatter

I've been pounding my head against this little sunnuva toaster for too long now.... :headbump

hovert30gv.jpg

Anybody know why he won't fight? well... that is to say... why does he freeze things up when he tries to do any fighting other than unarmed combat? I'm trying to change T3's appearance to this one*. I've tried utc editing, appearance 2da editing, and just using a disguise. All of it makes any attempt at ranged combat worthless and freeze him into combat mode, so the game needs to be reloaded.

Is this some other 2da issue? Or maybe because of a lack of combat scripts or something? I've been trying to use this piece-of-junk since K1 and I'm really hoping someone knows what to do. (please, for the love of pete, don't say its impossible... I've worked so hard... and I think he's cute as bugs' ears. lol)

his appearance 2da row is 384, his disguise label is Lite_Droid_Astro_04, ...and he is the most hard-headed little pacifist droid I have ever seen!!!

:explode:

*I've been hoping to make a bigger mod than I'm used to, where T3 gets a repulsor-mech rebuild at your freindly local ORI showroom. So... if I can get him to work with this appearance(and his neat hover sounds), then I can get into scripting it all and making the store, quest, etc. Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

@D333- I really wanted to use the :eyes3: smilie for this post... lol any idea why it doesn't work?

The droid you are trying to replace T3 with most likely doesnt have combat animations, thus it wont do ranged attacks as it was never designed to do them. Same as Malaks model doesnt have animations for two sabers or double sabers.

Not sure why its making your game lock up and needing to be reloaded though.

Like Jackel said that droid model likely lacks combat animations, so he won't do anything in combat... the same applies the the Child, Tach, and Jawa models. Likely you will have to scrap that particular mod idea... not the first time someone has had to do so... :( Or find another droid model with fighting animations.

Like my idea for Darth WeeBull, the little Sith Jawa that never was! :jedijawa: R.I.P.

:ball: I just knew u guys were gonna say that.

...but even if that is the case, he doesn't need to swing a weapon. I mean, you can tell a new blaster model where the business-end is... why not a droid? It doesn't need any animations really, it just needs a muzzle location... right?

@RH- Joke-mod or not, the Darth Weebull thing is just adorable. lol Why'd you have to go and tell me that?... now I want it! Aren't there anims for the yoda/vandar model? (sciamano's)

@RH- Joke-mod or not, the Darth Weebull thing is just adorable. lol Why'd you have to go and tell me that?... now I want it!

So did I but with no attack animations he was hopeless and scrapped... though he does live on in his shop on Tatooine I made for him. ;)

So I feel your pain...

Well... seeing as how I'm about as stubborn as the toaster-oven, I dl'ed gmax, and NWmax, and their sundry stuff...(I think I popped a vein) And now I'm going to try to figure out how to add what svosh has been calling a bullet hook to the droid model. If anyone has tried anything similar or knows how I can accomplish this, I'd really appreciate the input as its not normal and not addressed specifically in the tutorials. The term doesn't even show up in the basic gmax tuts... which took almost an hour to dl, by themselves. :swear: 56K dinosaur!

I know he doesn't have combat anims but that doesn't stop him from unarmed combat or any other activities like unlocking, bashing, setting/retreiving mines, etc... and he doesn't have anims for any of that either. I was even able to get him to pwn with force powers if I changed enough things in the utc. The only thing that trips him up is ranged... and he even tries that. I can't get him to stop trying once I sick him on something. I guess he's more like some little insane dachsund, than a pacifist. There's a beast inside him, it just needs an outlet. :lol: I have to think it's just because the model wasn't given a bullet hook.

@RH- I loved Weebull and Utiinii's! I'll admit I didn't know whether to laugh or make a voodoo doll of you for the cubic zirconium, etc... -sigh- but I was warned. So if you've been getting odd pains, it wasn't from me. And I guess the yoda model isn't close enough to do anything with? I might end up doing the same thing if I can't get this to work... but somebody gets a doll for it!

@RH- I loved Weebull and Utiinii's!

Why thank you! :D

I'll admit I didn't know whether to laugh or make a voodoo doll of you for the cubic zirconium, etc... -sigh- but I was warned. So if you've been getting odd pains, it wasn't from me.

:rofl: Bwahahahahaha! :lol::D

Nope no pains here, Joboo protects me from any of that stuff! :xp:

It actually came from my AD&D PnP RPG days, the saying goes "Never trust a Kender that sells shiny stones!" I altered it to "Never trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!" :D

Bwahahahahaha!

Nope no pains here, Joboo protects me from any of that stuff!

It actually came from my AD&D PnP RPG days, the saying goes "Never trust a Kender that sells shiny stones!" I altered it to "Never trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!"

I am so glad that amused you. :fist::lol:

I should have known, but I had no choice... I just had to know what the new crystal did! ...you're a bad man. :dev6:

-mods- If one of you could re-title this thread to something like "how to add bullet hook to nu model" I would greatly appreciate it. Or if it would be best for me to start a new thread and link it, I will. Please advise...over.

Archived