Home

Original Xwing Edit

mduncan50

Sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum, but I want to go back and play the original x-wing and Tie games, but I really don't wanna have the same frustration I got from trying to beat it the first time...so what i wanted to know is is there any way to edit the games files....either to make the ships stronger, or edit the game so that you can use the in game cheats and still play through. I've checked everywhere I know of to try to find something but I just can't. thanks in advance.

Edit: You may be in luck, mduncan50. I found a DOS version pilot file editor called XWEDIT listed here (it's actually a mission editor, but it also contains a pilot file editor). It may need an emulator to run on Windows XP, so I would also get something like DOSBox. To convert the .plt file between the DOS and Windows formats, be sure to also visit the CRS Morning Star site (found in my signature) and hit the "Flight Deck" for Neill "Ranger" Magill's pilot file converter.

BTW, the Morning Star site also has mission hints in the "Tactical" section if you'd rather only edit the .plt file as a last resort. ;)

Archived