Home

Automatically add specific bots?

ZeroX2

I know you can use bot_minplayers to automatically add bots to the server when the total number of players drops under a set number - but is there any way to have this add specific bots? For example, if I wanted to have only Desann and Tavion bots join the game?

You need to have the .jkb files for desann and tavion in a folder called botfiles, zip this folder to a .zip file... then change the suffix to .pk3 instead of .zip.

The contents of this pk3 will supercede anything in the assets files.

You need to have the .jkb files for desann and tavion in a folder called botfiles, zip this folder to a .zip file... then change the suffix to .pk3 instead of .zip.

The contents of this pk3 will supercede anything in the assets files.

That's what I did. =/

oops... I'm sry, i left out an important part. You ALSO need to put in that botfiles.pk3 a file called bots.txt with the following:

{

name "Desann"

funname "Desann"

model Desann

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_9"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Desann.jkb

}

{

name "Tavion"

funname "Tavion"

model Tavion

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_9"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Tavion.jkb

}

I forget whether or not Desann and Tavion are capitalized in the original files so double check that. Also you can make the funname ANYTHING you want the bots to be named on the server. Configure their sabers and personality files.

What I entered here may not be exactly right for Desann and Tavion but it should get you going.

Hmm, I always just did it manually. Create a cfg file where I kick the other bots and add specific bots by name. Then I bind that cfg file to a key.

Of course this was before OJP. I still add my own bots by name sometimes, I just don't try and remove the others completely forever... they still show up.

But good luck, that sounds like an interesting idea!

Strange. What could I be doing wrong then? I now have a botfiles.pk3 file containing a /botfiles/ folder, which contains the .jkb file and the bots.txt file. I've tried moving the bots.txt file outside the /botfiles/ folder, and several other things. Nothing works. >_>

oops... I'm sry, i left out an important part. You ALSO need to put in that botfiles.pk3 a file called bots.txt with the following:

{

name "Desann"

funname "Desann"

model Desann

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_9"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Desann.jkb

}

{

name "Tavion"

funname "Tavion"

model Tavion

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_9"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Tavion.jkb

}

I forget whether or not Desann and Tavion are capitalized in the original files so double check that. Also you can make the funname ANYTHING you want the bots to be named on the server. Configure their sabers and personality files.

What I entered here may not be exactly right for Desann and Tavion but it should get you going.

Sounds like it should work perfectly, given what I know about JKA. I mean, this way JKA only reads the new bots.txt file, which only contains tavion and desann...

Archived