Home

I think to buy JA

Cloaster

Hey im a guy there wont to try Star wars JA.

i wont to ask is it good in the multiplayer parth and is it fun to play??

Does it been boring when u have play it in long time..

And all that stuff for a multi game..

Cloaster

(where can i find some multiplayer videos?)

Thanks alot..

Welcome to the forums!

The multiplayer is a lot of fun to play. Nowadays, I think it's more fun than single player. If you play it for hours on end, maybe, you'll want to switch maps or something, but it never truly gets boring. I'd play Single Player first, though, to get yourself used to the weapons/Force Powers. Then try Multiplayer.

Good luck! :D

Check out the demo, which sadly is Single Player only (but will give you an idea of graphics and characters). You can get it from LucasArts.com's Jedi Academy pages and many other places.

If you like Star Wars action, meet the system requirments, and don't mind if it's not exactly like the movies (but still fun) then this may be the first person shooter for you! It should be a bargain nowadays...

Don't get frustrated, because the learning curve for this game can be high for some people. Once you play around in the demo for awhile and get used to using Force powers, you should be ready. But remember that Multiplayer changes things around quite a bit (the strength and effect of powers and saber moves for example, and guns are much stronger online). Thankfully you can practice with bots before you venture out to the multiplayer arenas.

There are lots of fantastic mods out there for you to use, such as Asteroids Mod and OJP (Open Jedi Project) and MovieBattles II. But I'd experience the game itself first, because it really is a nice one.

Visit my site also Strategic Academy to get an idea what the multiplayer is like.

If you decide to buy the game, please visit my server "Meatgrinder" (the IP is listed in my signature below and you can check the status on my website above!). Be sure you install the 1.01 patch first!

As for videos, look up a site called "ownage." (sorry I forget the address) Warning: the videos are big, and sometimes have bad music! heh

May the Force Be With You. ;)

Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast are my favorite games. If you like Star Wars and first person shooters I would buy both ASAP. I have played thorugh both several times and I'm always looking for addon single player levels to play. I can't get enough of these great games.

Hey, welcome! Jedi Academy is a great Star Wars game, especially in the multiplayer place. It's not boring, though a lot of serves now have mods and cheats which have started Internet Feudalism and Slavery. Anyways, it's still fun and the singleplayer's good too. There are four levels of difficulty, so you can always up the difficulty scale and hone your skills for multiplayer. There are also a ton of maps and skins and ah yes, a multitude of mods to add even more colour to the game. Overall, if you like multiplayer in most FPS/Third-person games, Jedi Academy is no different and unless you buy only new games, it wouldn't hurt giving this one a try...

What makes this game interesting, as with the rest of the Dark Forces/JK series is the combination of melee (lightsabers), guns, and Force powers in combat. This opens up a lot of different strategies and playing styles you can craft, and there's a lot of fun to be had here.

It gets really exciting and intense because there are so many ways to go about accomplishing your goals vs. your average FPS.

I thought I'd go into a little detail about the guns:

They are extremely diverse. Some guns do only a little damage but are extremely accurate, others fire faster but aren't very accurate at all. Some explode on impact, and can hurt you if you are too close! (I've died before by rocketing myself) There is also explosives, some like grenades, others like remote mines. Some explode when a beam of light is broken. Sometimes, the guns are better than the lightsaber! Though not always. I can safely say NOBODY has gone through the game without using a gun. Nobody. :)

The saber system is just as diverse. There are not only different ways to swing the saber, there are combos and special moves. For example, a double-bladed combo is if you do a certain backward diagonal, and follow it with a side-swipe, it goes uber-fast, and can do quick damage to enemies. Special moves include a Force-Powered kata that takes a lot of Force Power, and can do extensive damage. Though the kata is limited in Multiplayer.

The Force is a class of it's own, too. Powers include Push (obvious effect) and Pull, which can disarm opponents, Speed, which can slow down the entire world (speeds you up in multi), the ability to throw your lightsaber, and so much more. In addition, you have Light side powers, such as Heal, or Dark Side powers, such as Choke.

Just in case I made anybody angry at me, I said little that isn't in the manual. :)

Archived