Home

CTF (using guns) - Introducing 'PUG'

Jenks

Hi,

I know the JKA community has those who duel, play on FFA and siege etc...

But there is a group of us, who play ctf and PUG (mainly with guns).

PUG = Pick Up Game

Basically, PUG's are played in private pug servers with a typical password of 'ctfpug'. The players in the server all spec, and 2 captains have a pistol duel to see who gets first pick. The teams are usually 4v4, and each PUG lasts 20 minutes. Obviously, the team that has the most caps after 20 minutes wins.

Whats makes PUG's different or special?!?

Well, PUG's are fast paced, and do not have boundries or restrictions. Players need a lot of skill when strafing using the force powers and guns avaliable. To help cope with the fast pace, PUG teams have positions like you would find in any sport. So for example...

A PUG team of 4 will have...

1- Base

1- Chase

2- Offence

The positions give a structure, and means we play like a team.

We also have a resident map maker named Tritoch, who has created custom ctf maps for our pugging pleasure.

This side of JKA is seriously underrated, and a small community has existed for a few years. Unfortunately there are no fresh players coming through due to lack of knowledge of what we do. We plan to change this…

Those who visit our servers usually dont stick around for long because they either get out classed, or they dont like to spec for long periods if they are not picked by captains. In a pugging community, you get a reputation for certain positions and are picked often. But the more you play and improve, the more you will get picked. Everyone gets their own fair amount of chances...

It can take months and months to master being a pugger, which shows how skillful the players have become. If you happen to spec during a PUG, try speccing other players as its one of the best ways to learn how we play.

So i appreciate its not the most approachable of games, and is a reason why PUG is underrated.

I always hear people in the JKA community say "This game meant to be played only by sabers" or "using guns is lame". Pugging is almost another game in its own right, but because it uses force powers there is no other game play like it, which makes it unique and interesting. This can also lead to 4v4 Tournaments, involving clans and the community. If some of you guys really believe using guns is wrong, just take a look at the vids.

Below are links to a few JKA vids created by puggers.

Aimbot Detected - Created by Nico

No Prayer For The Dying - Created by Tritoch

Trailblazer - Created by Tritoch

Tritoch's Mod site: http://www.beyondsuppression.com/tri

I would suggest you take a good look at the above vids, and get a taste of what is possible. If you would like to enquire more about pugging, you can visit myself and others at the following address.

http://www.beyondsuppression.com/forums

We have setup a CTF Learning Area, packed with useful help and tips. The section is still not finished, but we are creating and adding material daily. If all goes well we may try a CTF ladder. The hope is to get more people into pugging, and experience a game like no other.

Please note if you wish to visit a PUG server please SPEC when you join. If a PUG is already under way (for example) you risk being kicked otherwise.

Archived