Home

levelup and puppet levelup

jinger

anyone made/found an nss with DoLevelUp() ? how else would i levelup a creature? when i create a puppet, does it auto-levelup to match the owner or wait for the owner's next levelups?

PUPs and NPCs cannot be leveled up through scripting as far as I know. The best you can do (in TSL) is to use the autobalancer, which will automatically adjust their character level (but not class levels), saving throws, defense, attack and damage depending on the level of the main player character.

The best you can do (in TSL) is to use the autobalancer
yeah i meant in tsl :) before asking about this autobalancer i thought i'd read your threads, i see how it's done but i'd really love to… bump into some sortof reference for all these fields all over the templates and their values and meaning, tell me you know the magic little words google needs =_=

thanks anyway for the reply

yeah i meant in tsl :) before asking about this autobalancer i thought i'd read your threads, i see how it's done but i'd really love to… bump into some sortof reference for all these fields all over the templates and their values and meaning, tell me you know the magic little words google needs =_=

thanks anyway for the reply

To assign an NPC to an autobalancer group, set the MultiplierSet field in their UTC template to a value between 1 and 5. The toughness of the creature is increased the higher the number (ie more hitpoints, damage, better saves/defense etc). 1 is for common grunt NPCs, 2 is for veteran NPCs, 3 is for "elite" NPCs, 4 is for "boss" NPCS and 5 is for big "bosses".

Note that to use the autobalancer you should set up your NPC template to be level 1 or thereabout, since the autobalancer will add the extra character levels on top of what the character already has in the template.

The Vitality Points should be set to a low number in the template as well since they are used in the autobalancer calculations (there's a thread about how the calculations are done somewhere if you're interested). If a character has 100 VP set in their template they will end up with thousands of hitpoints in-game after just a few levels. Don't set the VP any higher than 40-50 in the template unless you want a near-immortal follower.

I think my other post here was deleted. To any mod who thinks I am just being a spammy idiot, I'm not. I'm not spamming.

What are these "puppets" you're reffering to.

I know what a puppet is, but not in terms of modding.

Puppets are globally stored NPCs which can be assigned to an owner party member. This means that the state of a puppet (i.e. its stats, inventory, variables set on it etc) is preserved throughout the game even if they are removed from the game world, and the creature can move between modules.

In contrast, normal creatures are confined to the module they were placed/spawned in, and disappear from the game when removed from the game world.

If a puppet is assigned to an owner (which has to be a member of the player's party, but can't be the main character), the puppet will appear whenever that party member is spawned, and the AI will make the creature follow their owner around.

Bao-Dur's Remote is the only instance of a Puppet in the standard game, through there are two additional, vacant slots in the PUP table that can be used by modders.

Archived