Home

cinematics in single player are really jerky

Geimenhardt

Ok, I just got XWA the other day and I have found I can run it on full detail settings with hardware acceleration with no problems (after getting the fix for the fonts with nVidia cards). The only thing is that the cutscenes are really jerky. In addition, in the game a lot of sound effects are dropped, and even more annoying the voice is dropped probably 95% of the time. Any suggestions on how I can fix these things?

WinXP home

Intel Pentium M 2 GHz (I've got a laptop)

nVidia GeForce 6600

1 GB RAM

60 GB HDD

What you're experiencing is part of the reason why I do not recommend running games on a laptop. Other than that, since most of your problems revolve around sound, I'd look at updating your sound driver. This may also solve the jerky cutscenes, as it's likely waiting for sound in the buffer before advancing.

• 1 month later...

I have/had the same problem. Use to run fine back in errr...1998? Anyway, I wanted to play this again because there have been no REAL Star Wars Space sim games. Even with all the new movies. Installed it last night on Win2k. Still fun, once you get the, autoexec.nt file in the right place, font fix, and run it in 1600x1200...unheard of back then : )

Here's my fix for this problem:

Copy the files from the cd /Movies directory to your install/Movies directory, assuming you have the disk space(this is 2006 after all). I've only done the first CD, Intro and Prologue. No stuttering. I assume it looks here before looking to the CD. Should work for CD2 as well, I'll do that when I get around to it.

Now, why can't someone make a new Xwing game, or a Clone Wars space sim game? C'mon, Xwing is just deep enough to be enthralling but accessible enough to NOT be Falcon 4.0+ in space.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried copying the movie files, but it didn't seem to help. I guess I'll fiddle around with it some more. I also updated my sound drivers, which made my DVD-audio work really well! ...but it didn't fix XWA. crapsicles. The irony is I also have an older Dell PC with Win98 on it, but it lacks the memory to play XWA. (laughs insanely) Anyways, let me know if you guys figure something out plz! :) -John

Archived