Home

Best Moment

Klia

What is the best moment you had while playing Psychonauts?

I think it was when I first met the G-men. I absolutly freaked and started squeeing. I was convinced they were the lizard people and for the rest of Boyd's world I tried looking up their trenchoats to find their tails.

I thought that for the first two times I played the game.

So overall the beggining of The Milkman Conspiracy was the best part of the game for me. The middle and end were hell. I should have just used online guides.

My favorite moment is the cutscene when you first see the asylum interor. I can quote it by heart.

The peeps are

NapFred-Napoleon talking through Fred

Fred

Crispen

Edgar

NapFred-Attack!

Fred-No wait, don't listen to him, Retreat!

NapFred-Shut up you fool! Wellington is on the run, this is our moment of glory.

Crispen-Ah, shut up you loon.

Fred-The battle can't be won! We're gonna lose it!

Crispen-I'm afraid you've lost it years ago, Fred. Now, PIPE DOWN OVER THERE! I am the orderly, and I run a quiet peaceful insane asylum. Understood?

Edgar-AGHHH!!!

Crispen-Oh now see? You've disrupted Mr.Teglee's art therepy session.

NapFred-Ha ha! Le geor' de graw attrive!

Crispen-Whatever.

I had two best moments. The first time I played I didn't make it to far before someone yanked my disc, so it was when in Basic Braining. The part where you're on the wall and Oleander's talkin to you:

Oleander: "Is your name Joey?"

Raz: "No..."

Oleander: "Cause I'm gonna call you Slowy Joey."

Raz: "But that's not my name..."

Oleander: "What was that Slowy?"

The second time I guess would be my all time fav, but it's a couple of bits from one area. Lungfishopolis. The first part with the cityscape, and then the camera goes street level, I thought it was mildly funny. But then when the policeman lungfish (Officer O'Lungfish) belts out "Top of the mornin' to ya" to the mom lungfish, I honestly couldn't stop laughing. That part surprised me. But the Lungfish Zealots were the icing on the cake. Every conversation they had was hilarious to me.

Zealot #1: "Freedom!"

Zealot #2: "Freedom!"

Zealot #3: "...freeDOM!"

Raz: "Hooyah! Now, how about getting me past those gates?"

*obtains shield patch*

Raz: "Hey, is this gonna upset Kochamara and all your little brainwashed neighbors?"

Zealot #1: "No..."

Zealot #2: "...I doubt it...."

Zealot #3: "....no..no...."

Raz: "So, knocking down the prison and destroying this laser shield thingy, nobodies gonna get upset about that and start shooting at me?"

Zealot #1: "No!"

Zealot #2: "...well, maybe ONE guy would..."

Zealot #1: "But what is even an entire lungfish navy against the might and revolutionary zeal of Gogglor?"

Archived