Home

Alternate Starship

EnderDrone

I allways thought it would be great in KOTOR if you had additional options for your starship rather than just the Ebon Hawke. I'm only now begining to get into modding so I'm not at all shure how to go about it but i was wondering has anyone else had similar ideas....

I would think it would be like to making a level map but I guess building it into the story would be time consuming and i imagine it would be glitch city for a while with the cut scenes and what not. I think it would be worth the trouble though, especially for darkside role players, to have another option that is more repersentative of your character's style. :vsd:

WELCOME NEW GUY :thmbup1:

I'd actually considered doing that early in the concept stage of my ship (ironically, it's very similar to your smiley;)) but after a few conversations with modders and regular players I found out that there's just to much involved, you'd have to make sure that every single detail from the ebon hawk is included in the new ship, and then have to consider that things you might not even associate with the ship could be related to it.

I'm almost finished with the first demo version of the ship, after I get one of the guys to check it and make sure it doesn't only work on my machine, I'll release the basic shell with transit system as a "Starter Kit" for anyone who wants to make a ship, If you really want to make your own ship all the modules will be connected in a shiplike construction, and all you have to do is fill in whatever characters, events, etc. you want:)

I'm a carpenter (He's a false geek!!! Get the Vibroswords!!!:D) so I can tell you from personal experience that Building new is much easier than remodeling (it does take longer, but trying to fit stuff in and tie everything together is no fun at all)

REDJOHNYMIKE- yeh i figured the hardest part would be have the spawn points for all the NPCs and making shure there all the corisponding areas to the Ebon Hawke like the planet selection screen... lemme know how yours works out... once i go pick up my PC copies of KOTOR I and KOTOR II and figure this modding stuffot some i would like to try my hand at designing a ship to plug into your set up

Mod Edit: Nothing wrong with your post Ender, just got rid of the off-topic avatar parts, trying to keep things on-topic! :D Welcome to the madhouse... er' the forums! ;) -RH

Well, I won't really have anything useful to tell you about fitting it in to the story (I don't have anything approaching the skills for that) Instead, I'm scrapping the original story and starting from scratch to avoid that mess (it's a whole new story anyway;))

By the time you finish KI and TSL (they will consume your life:lol: ) there should be quite a bit for you to use added to what there is right now, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask:)

@RH, *snip* RJM, I'm just doing my job. -RH

P.S. I just started watching RD...LISTER RULES!!!!:D

^ Don't argue with a moderator, especially one who hasn't gotten the excitement of his new powers out of his system:D

The only reason I'm being a stickler here is this is a mod idea forum and it is really difficult for a modder to pick through off-topic stuff to get the mod idea posted. Or it could just be me! :D -RH

Archived