Home

New sig

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Hello, fellow thrash monkeys!

Zoom's been offline lately, but should be back again soon. Meanwhile, being the Easter Bunny he is allowed to access the internet by force of will on certain holidays...thus here I am. smile.gif

Haven't been playing any PC sims lately, but I did break down and get a N64. I've been 'sod-busting' in Rogue Squadron a lot, and in Pilot Wings and Aerofighters Assault, too.

But who cares? :rooleyes:

All that really matters here is my new sig:

------------------

awingtrs.gif

'Get out of my sky!'

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Zoom Rabbit

*Sigh*

Who am I, indeed? Long have I awaited that particular question at XWA. Now it is my turn...

'Luke...I am your father.'

(That was an actual Star Wars quote. rolleyes.gif )

My sky. My missiles. My rules. biggrin.gif

------------------

awingtrs.gif

'Get out of my sky!'

Guest wizzywig

Hey, Zoomer!

Remember me? I just stopped by, looking for Conor. Have you seen him around?

I've tried to contact him using the email address in his profile, but my mail doesn't go through.

How you been?

--wiz

------------------

VISUALIZE WHIRLED PEAS

Guest Zoom Rabbit

I've been having a lot of fun with the Nintendo lately...although now that my PC is t*ts again, I can play XvT (which I've missed almost as much as forum-lounging.) Don't tell the rebel alliance, but I've been doing more than just blowing stuff up. biggrin.gif

That's right--Zoom Rabbit has gotten back to racing. Since I started this thread last Christmas, I've bought Episode 1: Racer, Aerogauge and F-Zero X. Podracing, naturally is my forte...but I like the airtime in Aerogauge. Too bad the game only has four tracks (that I've found, anyway.) F-Zero X sucks...can't turn off the music, can't switch to pilot's view.

My next racing challenge is to strap a solid rocket booster to an F-16 and see if we can't break that nasty old airspeed record. smile.gif

------------------

awingtrs.gif

'Get out of my sky!'

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit:

'Luke...I am your father.'

(That was an actual Star Wars quote. rolleyes.gif )

[/b]

NO IT ISN'T! HE NEVER SAYS THAT EVEN THOUGH EVERYONETHINKS HE DOES!!! He actually says "No, I am your father!" tongue.gif

I'm geeting a dandy new computer in a few weeks. Any fighter sims to be recommended?

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Wiz! Yippee! Yippee! Boing! smile.gif

Stand firm and respectful, ye deck apes...here's one o' the true cyberloungers amongst us. Ten-hut! wink.gif

Delighted to see you here, Wiz. We seem to have been composing our previous posts at the same time--as I recall, we had a tendency to do that at JK.Net from time to time. *(Twilight Zone music.)* As a matter of fact, Conor did visit these forums a few months back. I think it was about the time school was back in.

Not answering E-mails? Sounds like his computer might be on the fritz...mine was, for a couple of months, and I just fixed the thing. Or...he might be on a secret spy mission. biggrin.gif With Conor, you never know.

I give. What's the point of visualizing the peas? All I get is yummy soup. confused.gif

------------------

awingtrs.gif

'Get out of my sky!'

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wizzywig

Zoomer!

Sorry to take so long to post a reply--I've spent this past fortnight in deep deadline doodoo.

And as for this--

Wiz! Yippee! Yippee! Boing!

Stand firm and respectful, ye deck apes...here's one o' the true cyberloungers amongst us. Ten-hut!

Aw, shucks.... *digs one bashful toe in the sand*

As a matter of fact, Conor did visit these forums a few months back. I think it was about the time school was back in.

Not answering E-mails? Sounds like his computer might be on the fritz...

Actually, it wasn't that he wasn't answering--the messages were actually bounced back by his server, indicating a closed account. Which means I haven't a clue how to contact him (I tried some www whitepages searches, to no avail).

Meanwhile, I wanted to acknowledge your contribution to the hours and hours and days and nights of conversation that shaped my thinking and my message in the book (which, btw, will probably come off the press in about four months or so). So, on the acknowledgments page at the end, should I refer to you by your handle or your real world name?

I give. What's the point of visualizing the peas? All I get is yummy soup.

You think pea soup is yummy???

But then again, with your culinary expertise, I bet you could make a humble pea soup sing like a Provençal bouillabaisse.

I think you're pulling my leg, but I'll explain anyway: The point of the peas is a satire on the bumperstickerism VISUALIZE WORLD PEACE, which I view as well-intentioned ignoramicism. Visualizing isn't how you get world peace. I think it is the second dumbest sentiment that was ever slapped onto the backside of a BMW (the prize goes to MEAN PEOPLE SUCK--well, duh!).

Good "talking" to ya. Hope your doing well.

'Later.

--da wiz

------------------

VISUALIZE WHIRLED PEAS

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Cool. I was wondering how this thread had gotten brought back up...

Howdy, howdy! Wiz, I would be honored to be mentioned in your new book. My real name is Jim Coomber. wink.gif Lemme know what to look for at the bookstore.

My new e-mail is ZoomRabbit@AOL.com. I should update my profile or something...

Wish I knew what to tell you about Conor. The only address I ever had was cnorthup@ualberta.com. Have you tried searching for him by name at Switchboard? (www.switchboard.com) It's a free site, so...

If you still can't find him, I may have to dispatch ninja reconnaissance rabbits to find him. eek.gif

------------------

awingtrs.gif

'Don't shoot--Your sister's in the cockpit with me!'

(Customized taunt #227)

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Yummy Pea Soup: smile.gif

Ingredients: water, dried split peas, butter, diced carrots (pre-cook in microwave if raw), diced celery, diced onions, garlic, diced ham, diced bacon, flour, fresh-cracked black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, ham base (maybe.) Amounts? Hit or miss--use the Force.

Start your soup by soaking dried split peas in water until they're soft. Otherwise, you will have to boil your soup a long time...which might make your kitchen smell good, but is otherwise unnecessary.

Strain the water off your peas. Set aside.

In the bottom of a big soup pot, sautee your mirepoix. Those are two big French words that shouldn't scare anyone. Sautee just means to fry in hot butter, and a mirepoix is the diced carrots, celery and onions that go in all traditional soups. Frying the veggies at the beginning is the secret for making a soup yummy; it sets the flavor up with a good base, and you just build on top of it...see? No? Well, just do it this way, and it'll work better.

In addition to diced carrots, celery and onions, to this recipe we will add lots of garlic, diced ham and bacon (if the bacon is raw, fry it before adding the other stuff.) Let the mirepoix cook for a minute or so at high heat. If you used whole butter, you may have some burned stuff around the edges; if it bothers you, you may separate the butter beforehand in a long, drawn-out process that would bore most everyone here (who isn't bored already.) Before the veggies burn, toss in a bunch of flour, just enough to soak up the butter and grease. Let this flour/butter mixture (roux, another tricky French word) fry a bit more, to cook out the flour taste.

As the roux browns, season heavily with fresh-cracked black pepper, salt, a dash of cayenne and a half a dash of cumin. After a minute or two, add your split peas and enough water to make the whole mixture on the runny side. As the soup comes to a boil, the roux will thicken, and it needs 'room' to do so. When the soup has come to a boil and thickened, it is ready.

If the soup is too runny still, allow it boil a bit. Adjust flavor as necessary. If it tastes 'weak,' add a bit of ham base (top ramen seasoning packets work,) although if you used enough ham and bacon, and followed directions, it shouldn't need it.

Voila. smile.gif Yummy cold-weather type soup that anyone can make!

Archived