Home

Sailor Moon

Nitro

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to love Sailor Moon, but that era passed a long time ago. I have to admit though, I don't mind watching the movies from time to time. I don't like the tv series here though. *scrunches up nose*

[This message has been edited by Plasmo (edited January 21, 2001).]

Yeah, the american version of the show sucked... Watch the japanese ones with english subtitles... Far better.

------------------

This post has been brought to you by: God

I owe him more then anyone here can imagine.

I guess dedicating my sig to His Glory is a half-decent start.

And yeah, I'm a sucker for anime babes... I was in love with Usagi/Sailor Moon (she's called Cerena in the american dubbed ones) when I was like 12... smile.gif But then I discovered real women... But I still love those short sailor-skirts! biggrin.gif

Originally posted by JR2000Z:

I think that these kind of shows are aimed for girls.

Animé/manga is divided into two categories: Shonen (for boys), and Shojo for girls.

Examples of Shonen animé are sci-fi/action "giant robot" shows like Gundam Wing and Dragonball Z, but they also include things like Harlem Beat, Parasyte, and Ice Blade.

Shojo animé is geared more toward magic/fantasy and relationships than blowing stuff up. These shows include Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, and Magic Knight Rayearth.

It's a matter of personal preference, but I actually prefer shojo. Testosterone aside, I'm never a big fan of the massive explosions/gory deaths/colossal fight scenes that typify (most) shonen stuff.

(I just watched Cardcaptors, and it had an awesome fight scene (Mei-lin vs. the Fight Card) that was way cooler than anything I've seen in Dragonball. The animation was high-speed, but they didn't blur or use motion lines; it looked like the pre-teen version The Matrix. cool.gif )

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited January 21, 2001).]

Originally posted by Jem:

Anime is so cool I can't tell you what my favorite is kuz there's to much but I can tell you what's my favorite thing about anime, it's:

!!!! THE ANIME GORGEOUS WOMAN !!!!

THEY ROCK !!!! hubba hubba !

I know that you guys are gonna tell me to get a life but you have to admit they're pretty well done....

Jem

Wow, That was my very first post in this forum. It was posted in the What's the Best Anime thread by Wingzero186

Archived