Home

Spring Training

Guest Thrawn

Oh yes, that's right, baseball Spring training starts TODAY. Amen!

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes. Baseball.

I know how it goes. Pitcher throws ball to upire 3 times untill the unlucky and embarrassed player gets an out. If, by some maculous mearical, the batter hits it and the guy waiting 10 minutes in the outfield catches it.Then 3 minutes later the whole procedure starts all over.At least they have beer. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by JR2000Z (edited February 14, 2001).]

Or artillery.

The only good baseball game I've seen was on Deep Space Nine

WORF: Death to the opposition!

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Guest garyah99

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

my baseball team sucks: THE PIRATEs. ooooh the Pirates. watch out, they might only lose by like 15.

<font size=3>YEE-HAWWW!! BASEBALL!!!</font> Hey Nute, you think YOUR team sucks???Try being a Blue Jays fan!! My daughter got a call to training camp this year as a starting pitcher!! wink.gif

I know I'm not an American and this is none of my business but..... When ever I see a game of Baseball on Tv, the stands are EMPTY, the car parks are EMPTY and the reserves for the pop corn hander-outers are EMPTY. As a major sport I think Baseball is a dieing game, it was designed as a Rip off of Cricket and not much imagination was out into it leaving the games rather bland and boring.

------------------

Self proclaimed Forum Drunk

milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

-You call THAT a knife?

Now this, is a knife

-It's a spoon

I live in England, and we don't have baseball.

At school they used to make us play rounders. It's the same, except you only get one shot and you have to run.

I prefer it and cricket to football(or as not europeans would call it, soccer) and rubgy. At least in rounders I can "Field in case someone slogs it far away," far from the actual game.

It's not a good sport to watch on TV or listen to on the radio really, it's a sport you have to SEE to get any enjoyment out of. The reason there are empty stands is there are 950 million games a season and so you can pretty much see one whenever. The sunday afternoon games are packed because it's a neat way to spend a sunday afternoon. But a thursday night? I would just stay home or something.

and cricket=RETARDED...

another big part of why the stands are always so empty is because a lot of Americans are sick of the whole professional baseball scene. Derek Jeter, starting shortstop for the Yankees, makes something like 24 million dollars a year to play a freakin game. that is absolutely outrageous, and it shows how messed up and stacked the teams are that both New York teams were in the World Series (no offense Niner). New York is the richest city: whoops! just coincidence that their teams were in the world series, right?

baseball is MUCH more interesting if you are playing or watching high school or college games, because then you KNOW that the people playing actually love it. makes it a lot more enjoyable. i personally love softball, i've been playing for 10 years now...maybe 11 i'm not sure. it's a good game smile.gif

------------------

If you live to be a hundred, i hope i live to be a hundred minus one so i never have to live without you!

SkirtPower@hotmail.com

Official Forum Chick

Guest Zoom Rabbit

I think any game that never has more than three players in motion at a time is silly. wink.gif Heck, there's more action going down on a chess board...

I also think any game where you hit a ball that holds absolutely still for you is silly as well.

Now football is much more interesting... *OOF!* *(Drops ball.)* Dammit.

biggrin.gif

Guest Dj Skywalka

I think I'm gonna go with Admiral on this one. All sports suck. Except for extreme sports.

------------------

Dj Skweejie

-WORDS OF WISDOM-

Nikita Kruschev likes Iowa corn.

I was watching street luge before any of you people had ever HEARD of "extreme sports" but now that stuff's almost mainstream, so it lost it's appeal to me.

The only real sport to me anymore is hockey, but that's only because I used to play. I was a decent right wing.

------------------

And the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings

What strikes me is that Americans haven't yet figured out that their national pastime is basically rounders! . . . <small>Why am I saying all this? I don't even particularly like cricket.</small>

As for baseball being a dying game, it's due to die out by the mid-21<sup>st</sup> century.

It appears to be one of those cyclical things; by the 24<sup>th</sup> century, "revival leagues" are springing up all over the Federation.

I know of at least three teams: the Niners of DS9 (strictly small-time, but they do love the game), whatever that Vulcan's team was, and the team on Cestis III that Kassidy's brother plays on.

In the Star Trek Communicator, you can mail-order jerseys from *checks latest copy* well, the Niners, but a few months back, there were Romulan, Klingon, and even Borg teams! eek.gif

My fave teams would have to be the DS9 Niners, and the Borg Assimilators. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited February 15, 2001).]

Archived