Home

There is something about this...

Darth_Sion

I've been playing SWG for a long while and all people ever seem to do is moan, moan, moan and moan.

'SOE suck, it's not worth $15 a month' ok, so maybe it isn't worth $15 a month, and maybe SOE can suck at times, but with millions of different people moaning all the time, running a MMO game isn't easy.

I like SWG, no matter what people say about it, it's ok, ok so maybe it got worse, but it's getting better, SOE are slowly improving and with new content coming up, how could they f**k up this time?

One thing that puzzles me though is, there is something about this game, I never seem to get bored of it, I don't know why? Does anyone else get that? I started playing WoW a few months ago and got bored of that really easily, maybe it's because i'm a big star wars nerd, I don't know.

One thing is for certain, this game is slowly improving, I mean no MMO is perfect, even WoW has big issues, such as lag, bugs, etc...

Well only the future can tell the fate for this game.

Truth is,for me,the "original" SWG is the game i compare any others by.

The closeest one i've come to playing is EQ2,and yes i agree soe have a hell of a job trying to keep the game alive,but the one thing i've come to realise is this,if the game had been left alone and not had constant meddling with by lucasarts the game would have been in a far healthier position than it is today.

Theres little doubt that WOW has moved the goalposts in terms of the MMO games are made,that game bores me a little,unless i'm playing it with my wife,and there it is in a nutshell,WOW appeals to "casual" gamers,SWG is just trying to copy it,in the terms of appealing to "new" MMO people.

Now of course the big factor in all of this is that SWG has been live for the best part of 3 years,and given the bad press it's had it'll never get the numbers WOW has,the sooner LA and SOE realise this the better.

Constant meddling with the game helps no-one.

Do i miss SWG,yes is the short answer,i spent far too much time playing the game,and frankly its a shame the game has been shunted to something that i dont enjoy anymore.

But hey theres a million and one MMO games out there,some better than others,and for now i'm happy with EQ2,although i'm looking forward to middle earth online should that ever come out.

They're currently improving the game, but all this should've been done BEFORE they launched NGE. We shouldn't be paying for this beta.

But I have the same feeling as you. I'll never stop playing this game. I might take some breaks, but I'll always return to it. I found my game, and I'm not gonna leave it to death.

I do think SOE should actually add content and quests to more planets, like dathomir and endor where you could do more quests for xp rather than just mustafar and kashyyyk, which i enjoy playing on anyway.

A problem i have seen is that lots of players seem to just to repeatable quests over and over for xp. I however decided to do the other quests. And here comes the shocker - i didn't do them for xp, i did them for FUN and boy didnt i have some fun in the khworir forest and ryatt trails mostly solo but sometimes in groups, or even just hang outwith some buddies and have fun. Apart from a few bugs that are usually cleared up soom after i report them anyway i enjoy myself.

So my study would show that if you think the game is boring do something fun, like i say currently you are the only one who can control what you do, and if thats begging for hours on end getting nowhere then complaining the game sucks cause your a lvl 7 who cant get enough credits to buy a mando helmet, then it is actually your own fault, just go out, explore things, loot things, sell, buy, pet and duel anything or everything u want, do not complain that you have nothing to do because there is plenty to visit.

As for quests it would be handy for SOE to add some lvl 50 - 70 quests as i think as this is a neglected slot of lvls quest wise. Endor and yavin would be good for these, rather than adding another planet.

Archived