Which is better?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Bryant's Mod
    • The Ultimate Mod
    • Chriz's Mod
    • Empire Mod
    • Other (please specify)

Unfortunaely both have bugs in them but the guys that made the mods are working on fixing them with new releases.

If you want the entire galaxy and the ability to use the empire get Byrant's mod. If you want a more difficult game, try the newest release of the Ultimate mod (you command the empire in this mod too), it includes tech level research and advancing to the next tech level, but also includes a very difficult Rebel AI.

Take your pick. Personally, since I've tried both, if Byrant's mod had no bugs in it and had the ability to start from tech level 1 and level-up I'd play that one every time. It's a difficult choice though since they're both as good as each other in different ways.

Defently Ultimate mod you start out with like every hero and tons of good ships.And the aboulity to build like everything star ship wise.I LOVE TO SSD with all the tie squads you get man i had 3 of those ssd's and boy i won in less than a munite

:lsduel::lsduel::lsduel::lsduel::lsduel:

Yeah, you could probably copy my mod over one of the hacked exe mods to get space retreat, but I don't know for sure. I have no interest in doing so myself.

I haven't played any of these other mods. I did download an older Chriz version, but I was wary of the hacked exe, so I never tried it. Bryant's was great, but bugged up the wazoo. I reported bugs to his thread as I fixed them for myself. When it didn't look like Bryant was ever going to fix them, I decided to release my version of his mod. My latest version is dramatically different from his original, and I think my work on it is pretty much done code wise.

I'll look into it. I'm sure there is a ton of things that would have to be changed for tech research etc..

BTW, the Empire mod guy just has you use Chriz's exe and then his mod files. So, if you use his exe with my mod installed then I assume retreat would then work.

Archived