Home

vehicle weapon

hatrus

i havent been here in like a year. i had reasons to never come back, but it looks like most of the smartasses that were here before are gone.

ive been making present day vehicles which use present day munitions: cluster bombs (cbu's), guided smart bombs (gbu's), air to air (aim's), air to ground (agm's), etc. all work fine but there is one weapon i have yet to figure out. a torpedo. its dropped from a plane and it skims the surface of the water and detonates when it hits ground or the hull of a ship. the japs hit us hard at pearl harbor using these kinds torpedos.

how do i get it to hit the water and continue on the the same trajectory as its initial release, glide the water like a swoop can do, then impact on a solid surface?

and soggestions are welcome.

ps: heres something intresting for you other modellers to read. read it as if you were saying it to someone else. it applies to all modellers:

in the beginning was god... all else was darkness.

and god created the earth and made land and sea in which he filled with many assorted creatures.

the creatures of the sea he called programmers and gave them a sea of code from which to code from.

the more artistic creatures of the air he called skinners and gave them an imagination that could fly and a pen of the lightest touch.

the lower creatures of the land he called mappers and gave them crude mapping programs from which they might create fantastic levels from.

and as we all know, on the 7th day, god rested...

but on the 8th day at 2:45am god looked down on the earth and was not happy. GOD WAS NOT HAPPY!!!

so, he created a being much in his image and this he called the modeller, in which he gave practical modelling and animating tools to create perfection, and skills to top all others.

god sat back and decided all was perfection. but was he happy? NO!!!

cause in course of his labors he had forgotten one thing! he did not have modelling and animating tools!

so he sat back and thought about it for a while and finally satisfied himself that not everyone can be a modeller.

this puts me one step above god cause i AM a modeller.

you remember that and we'll all get along just fine.

(script from mohpa).

lol i like the "script from mohpa" thing...anyway, i think it could be made...the torpedo i mean...ain't much of a scripter but i guess that if you merge some command lines that make the swoop flow on water, and some normal missile lines(to make 'em detonate on solid surfaces like a rocket does) it would bring up what we wanted... on secknd thought...swoop will hover anywhere, right? so that torpedo would also go on land if scripted as above...but that is just a way to put it ;) hope it helps =)

I doubt this will work, but do the:

waterProof 1

bouyancy 1

hoverHeight 30

hoverStrength 35

workfor weapons or just the vehicles? Cause if they work for weapons you might be able to get away with something like:

waterProof 1

bouyancy 1

hoverHeight -24

hoverStrength 35

speed 3000

projectile 1

hasGravity 1

I dont even know if negative values work either, but if you could get it to float above water with the waterproof and bouyancy, and then set its hover height (the height it would "hover" above the water with to be negative, its hover height would be just under the water instead of above it. I hardly know anything about vehicles and weapons for them since I dont put custom vehicles in my maps very often or edit vehicles at all, but trying it never hurts anything :)

Archived