Home

Brief rant

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Quit picking on Jabba!

Yes, he has offended the forum in the past, but he is trying to put that behind him. Yes, he might be a 'git,' wink.gif but there are a number of 'gits' on this forum who don't get the consistently negative feedback this poor young man receives.

And he quietly takes all of your abuse! mad.gif

If anyone was offended by his 'nerd' topic, they should simply not respond in it. Me, I think it's a fine thing for us to talk about. And I'm a nerd from way back!

Anyway. That was my brief rant. I feel that Jabba is getting a little more negativity than he should, and I have said so.

Thank you. smile.gif

------------------

'What's up is clearly defined as the opposite of what is down, in this case being the strongest source of local gravity...failing that, in space, what's up is opposite the direction of accelerative G-force--or what I'm targeting with these laser cannon. Die, b*tch!'

--Official forum space terrorist

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit:

If anyone was offended by his 'nerd' topic, they should simply not respond in it.

It was comedy gold seeing all the geeks saying "I'M NOT A GEEK DAMMIT". That was the first thread that amused me in the last 2 months here at XWA.

------------------

"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke."

Guest Rogue 9

I don't care if he starts useless topics, its not like we're gonna follow 'em anyway. And Nerds and Geeks Control the World biggrin.gif

------------------

"The truest measure of a society is how it treats it's Elderly, It's Pets and It's Prisoners."

Personally I find his story about having dislexia(However the hell you spell it)was a lie.

Obviously he doesn't because he got his name perfectly.He can read everything we say perfectly.I would have said that my keybord broke and I don't have the money to replace it.

------------------

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist

Guest Rogue 9

My reason would have to be a "Horrible Coffee Accident" biggrin.gif

------------------

"With only two parents and a handful of siblings, Is it any wonder that humans are so obsessed with finding love?" -- Fragment of a Than-Thre-Kull anthropology text

I have nothing against Jabba, I'm sure he's a nice guy. He certainly has enthusiasm for this forum. I've rather enjoyed a few of the threads he's started (such as the Tea one)But, I feel he really needs to take the time to properly formulate his question before he posts. That was my main point in my reply to his "Geek" post. (I think the point I intended in my response failed to make it into print in retrospect, and I came off as overly harsh. That's not how I meant it.)

For example: Would any of you been upset or offended if his initial question had been phrased:

"I know the common perception of people who spend all day at thier computers and socialize on forums such as this one is that we are "Geeks" or "Nerds". While I don't have a problem with this, in fact I will readily admit to it, but I wonder how the rest of you feel to be stereotyped and labled in this manner?"

See? I think that was basically what he was getting at, at least that's how I took it, but I knew in the way he initally phrased it it was bound to cause a bad reaction on the board. I'm too new to remember Duke, but I can't believe that Jabba would try to sabotage his own standing on the board in that manner. I just think he's young and overly enthusiastic, and needs to think a bit more carefully about what he's going to post before he does it.

Guest Rogue 9

as I said earlier, he can post whatever topics he wants, they'll just be Hijacked by us biggrin.gif

------------------

"With only two parents and a handful of siblings, Is it any wonder that humans are so obsessed with finding love?" -- Fragment of a Than-Thre-Kull anthropology text

Guest Fondas

Let me set something straight.

Dyslectic does not mean stupid !.

Dyslaxia is just the medical state where a person has a problem tranforming his/her thoughts correctly into writting (most common) or speach. Most of the times you wouldn't even realize that you are talking to a dyslectic person, until you see some of his/her writings.

So , the problem is not about misunderstanging what Jabba writes down, but the overall concept behind his posts.

I have to admit that he has started some interesting threads but when someone is insulting a group of people, is bound to receive negative reactions.

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Guest Rogue 9

just so no one thinks I have some problem with Dyslectic's, I have a friend who is a class three and uses a computer for most work... biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited March 28, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

My roommate is dyslexic. smile.gif

One time, he knocked down the address numbers off the front porch and put them back up all mixed up. I came home that night, quietly wondered how much he'd had to drink and put them back up myself...

A few weeks later, he mentioned in passing that he was dyslexic, and I said 'D'oh!' biggrin.gif

Guest Jabba The Hunt

yep i use a computer in class to

i also have problems being organised im also dysprasixic which is just like the other one but means i find it hard to co-ordinate my body and when you have a body as big as mine thats no easy task in the first place smile.gif

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Jabba The Hunt

yeah although mine is probably not as serious as yours i still spill my dinner down my shirts and im 15

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Jabba The Hunt (edited March 29, 2001).]

Archived