Home

[TSL]What's with creature weapons?

jinger

damage and onHit props won't apply, am i missing something? the creature hide works but claws just seem to be ignored :(

Are you trying to use claws/fists on a party member or on creatures? I haven't noticed any problems with them when put on creatures. Have you added a "Monster Damage" property that sets how much damage they are supposed to do (since creature weapons have no predetermined damage value)?

i'm editing a tukata, i equipped a more damaging claw and itempoison prop, but then i can't see any of the above :( it just seems to be ignored, to be sure i tried adding a bonusdamage:2d10cold so that i'd see it in the logs - nothing

Did you create a new item uti for these new claws?

If so are you loading the game from a point prior to the Tukata spawning in, or in the middle of combat with a Tukata?

Because you need to have a game save prior to the Tukata being loaded into the game for it to recognize the new uti file for your new claws.

I'm assuming the new claws are being used from the hidden creature item slots and not the regular hand slots.

yeah everything, i also tried one thing, i made the creature item droppable and when the beast is dead i equip the claw in the hand-held weapons slot and it does the damage it was supposed to do, when it was on the tukata it didn't -_-

i think i got it :D CWEAPON_L, CWEAPON_R and CWEAPON_B seem to have rules about them, tukata have a piercing weapon in the bludgeoning slot and it doesn't work, i put it in the correct slot and now the flaming tukata poisoned me!

Yeah that can be a key element as well :p

Archived