Home

So this is it...

HUGOMAND

They are just spinning the product. They know that the community is dwindling, that is why they are trying to get 'in touch' with the remaining players. Dev communication was very sporadic in the games hey day, usually only addressing known issues, bugs, or whatever - now they are trying desperately to get in touch with the community because the game is starting to come apart at the seams.

The whole idea behind the NGE was to get subscription levels up to around WoW status, claiming the pre-NGE days weren't turning that much of a profit in comparison to other MMO's, I don't know what SOE/Lucasarts will do when SWG fails to turn a profit because of the NGE fiasco.

They are just spinning the product. They know that the community is dwindling, that is why they are trying to get 'in touch' with the remaining players. Dev communication was very sporadic in the games hey day, usually only addressing known issues, bugs, or whatever - now they are trying desperately to get in touch with the community because the game is starting to come apart at the seams.

The whole idea behind the NGE was to get subscription levels up to around WoW status, claiming the pre-NGE days weren't turning that much of a profit in comparison to other MMO's, I don't know what SOE/Lucasarts will do when SWG fails to turn a profit because of the NGE fiasco.

Aye nothing more than spin..i resubbed,yes resubbed to see how farstar is holding up..

I played for an hour or so,went the usual places and i saw 12 people..in total,and 4 of these where afk.

I would love to see where the claimed 80% of vets are hanging out.

I'm wondering where they got 80% as well. Ahazi is no where near what it once was, AFKers like you mentioned, most cities are deserted - empty vendors, really weird seeing the cantina on Coronet being deserted, the place was quite busy pre-NGE. I admit there are usually people on Kashyyyk, but no where near what there used to be.

Since the game was initially released it seems the devs just don't seem to know what they want the game to be, or what the players want. When they do figure it out it is usually badly implemented.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I know for a fact that before NGE, numbers drooped to 250,000 (from a subscriber base of 1 million, shows just how many people DONT play the game) and to claim now that 200,000 are 'playing' Galaxies shows just how many have left the game.

I just love how these letters shout out about how great the brand is, and all that content to work from....so where is it?! 3 years on almost and there is STILL no actual proper Star Wars adventures in the game.

My hatred for the game has been well documented but before NGE I still came back to play but after NGE, I uninstalled the game and actually use the CDs as coasters now. With MMOs becoming big business for everyone else apart from SOE, they should really just switch it off, get a real development team and see if they can make a Galaxies 2 with the marketing focus on ' SOE dev team free product' and what the millions sign up!

DMUK

I just picture Smed grumbling as he writes those posts - nothing worse than trying to cater to Star Wars fans that demand a well implemented game, something that hasn't been too difficult for LucasArts and some other developers in the past - but SOE has missed the mark so many times it's almost like a comedy routine now.

I think smed has proven himself to be a bit more personal with his fans. As I posted in another thread, he actually MAILED with people on allakhazam and he also posted! Now I was quite shocked when I found out that was him!

He's FAR more better then Julio. Julio is the real dick, and he's denying what's happening with his beloved game.

I think smed has proven himself to be a bit more personal with his fans. As I posted in another thread, he actually MAILED with people on allakhazam and he also posted! Now I was quite shocked when I found out that was him!

He's FAR more better then Julio. Julio is the real dick, and he's denying what's happening with his beloved game.

I mailed smed back in april over the CU and in all fairness to him he got back to me..:)

Torres is in complete denial over the state of the game,(i think most of the LA staff working on SWG are),its a shambles thats become a lughing stock.

SOE can and do make good games..but they dont need interferance from LA,and with hindsight i think this is why the game was always doomed..too many cooks and all that

Archived