Home

English lessons

Well, this last days I got lots of comments about my english, well see my first lessons:

Hello, how are you?

-I am fine, thank you very much!

How old are you?

-I am 22 years old

Were do you live?

-I live in my house

No, idiot, where are you from?

-Ah, I am from Greece, son of...

biggrin.gif

Well, please put my recent sentences in the correct grammar so I can learn and reduce in a great % my grammar errors. (this last sentece also, no? frown.gif)

------------------

Also knowed as Kanon

Let get those guys

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rogue 9

I speak english fluently (I am in America after all) and I think it sux, why bother learning it at all they'll just redefine sentence structure later in school and you'll need to unlearn what you have learned confused.gif , kind of like training to be a jedi late in life biggrin.gif

here is what you SHOULD say:

Originally posted by Air Juggernaut:

Hello, how are you?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP!

-I am fine, thank you very much!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP! *in a lower voice*

How old are you?

WHO's your daddy?!

-I am 22 years old

Who's YOUR daddy?

Were do you live?

Yo, where's your crib?

-I live in my house

My crib is back w da old man, and the beech

No, idiot, where are you from?

you down with it, man?

-Ah, I am from Greece, son of...

MAN! i am so down hell is above me[/b

Guest Zoom Rabbit

AJ probably understood everything up to that last post.

Aw, your English is fine. biggrin.gif Like I was hinting in the 'They got it' topic, your English is much better than our Greek. I think anyone who tries to better themselves by using their second language is already a winner, even before they say something dumb. wink.gif

Comme moi. Mon francais est seulement assez utilsable pour rendre en rire les francais, mais j'essaie de toute facon. rolleyes.gif

Guest Rogue 9

why is it that computers never seem to translate everything.

"As me. My francais is only enough utilsable to return some to laugh the francais, but I try of all facon"

Guest Jabba The Hunt

firstly although i agree american english is not a true language i dont think you should go calling you language English becauses it not is american english - just thought i point it out

i dont mean to offend anyone here and if this turns into an international incident then i was not my fault ok - everyone just blame it on milkshake. got it. good. ill proceed

also i took french as a GCSE and i am really cr@p at it, i have not problem with people learing my language or my people learning other languages, bit what i do disagree with is over here in britain we are forced to take a language other than english. We are lucky enough to have learnt the international language when we were young so what is the point in learning another language that i will proably never use just to keep the french happy i could be putting that time into something more interesting like english english smile.gif and physics rather than spending 5 hours a fortnight of my life learning something that 1) im total cr@p at and 2) im never going to use.

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Jabba The Hunt:

firstly although i agree american english is not a true language i dont think you should go calling you language English becauses it not is american english - just thought i point it out

You're wrong there, partner. It is indeed English. It's the same language, but it's a different dialect.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Translation (maybe): 'Like me. My French is only useable enough to make the French laugh, but I try anyway.'

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zoom Rabbit (edited April 08, 2001).]

Linguists proved that American English is closer to actual english because we more accurately pronouce the words. It came from all our Old World accents colliding and cancelling each other out.

I for example, have no accent. I didn't live in Virginia long enough to pick that one up or Florida because I was too young and because of those two places being were I learned to talk I didn't pick up the Western PA one. I'm special.

Guest Thrawn

I don't speak English. I speak AMERICAN.

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Yes, I understand the post, if not what I´m doing here? wink.gif

The main problem is this: months ago I had internet at home, so I have lot of time to whrite and correct any error (any can be here now), but now I´m going from cybercafe to cybercafe and I have to whrite quickly so I can´t correct any mistake.

Sorry, we are working to fix the problem soon

The Air Juggernaut Company

------------------

Also knowed as Kanon

Let get those guys

Guest Jabba The Hunt

umm what was i going to say!!! confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

------------------

iM. diSleXIc. sO. pLeaSE. tRanSlaTe. AnY oF tHe mmistypes/SpElLinGs

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

hehe. Conozco un poco español. Bebo un coca-cola y como un hamburguesa. (That last sentence is typical in my Spanish book when it's referring to the only thing American's eat/drink)

Edit: Wrong verb conjugation!!

[This message has been edited by Darth Sceltor (edited April 08, 2001).]

Archived