Home

LOADING TROUBLES PLZ PLZ HELP

rossgarrard

I have just brought eaw and have been through 2 copies already,as soon as i put the disk in my cpu hits 100% in task manager and major lag begins.I slowely managed to install the game but even now it takes so long to load and cant run,also as soon as i put the dvd in drive cpu goes to 100% and i cant get the disk back out without rebooting i believe it may be a problem with the dvd trying to run all the time which is makin it so slow any help would be appreciated i run many other games on dvd and dont have any problem plz plz help me....

my stats......

DirectX

Version 9.0c

d3dx9_27.dll Yes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Display devices

Device NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

TnL Yes

Pixel shader 2.0

Vertex shader 2.0

Driver nv4_disp.dll

Version 6.14.10.7801

VendorId 4318

DeviceId 802

Memory 128.0 MB

Sound devices

Device SoundMAX Digital Audio

Driver smwdm.sys

Version 5.12.0001.5246

CPU

Device Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz

Total 1

Speed 2790 MHz

MMX Yes

SSE Yes

SSE2 Yes

3DNow No

RAM

Total 1023 MB

make sure you update your graphic card drivers - details here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=155333

DMUK

I have got the most recent drivers from nvidea it really seems to me like the its got somethin to do with either the disk ,the disk drive or some kind of software on disk which its havin trouble reading,every time as soon as the disk is put in it locks the drive shut and lags like mad ,so when i look in task manager the system cpu is hitting 100% which in turn is creating the major lag ,well so i think i have most of the new games out and have no trouble with them at all please help me

Guest DarthMaulUK

It could then be your CD ROM drive drivers need updating. And just to make sure, you're not putting a DVD version of the game into a CD ROM drive?

Make sure that you turn off any Anti virus software and any emulators, if you have them on your PC

DMUK

It could then be your CD ROM drive drivers need updating. And just to make sure, you're not putting a DVD version of the game into a CD ROM drive?

Make sure that you turn off any Anti virus software and any emulators, if you have them on your PC

DMUK

i will try any help as to where, i have looked in a number of places cant find any for my TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E this doin me head in cos it kills my computer everytime i put it in ,thanx for the quick response and i appreciate the help just hope we can sort this out ......Ross

It sounds to me like your PC is too busy doing other things, though I have a few ideas that might help. Please note that I don't have the game (yet) and that these are only general ideas.

1 Check to see what your PC is doing and how busy it is with the tasks.

2 Following 1 there are some tasks the thing isn't supposed to do. If you find any of these, run some anti-spyware programs, a virus scan, well you get the idea.

3 Make sure you don't have any virtual CD/DVD-drives remove them and check if they are indeed removed (if you use daemon tools, set the number of virtual drives to disable, but I don't know how to get rid of the Alcohol 120% virtual DVD-drive).

4 Despite what DMUK (and LA as well) says, you may not want to deactivate anti-virus software, I've had a virus that made my PC unable to startup properly. I've been busy for 2 weeks to get rid of it, I don't think any game is worth that. But you may want to deactivate any emulators.

5 If you decide to uninstall any software (as LA suggests) be sure to make a backup first. Though I personally think uninstalling software is a bit much.

It sounds to me like your PC is too busy doing other things, though I have a few ideas that might help. Please note that I don't have the game (yet) and that these are only general ideas.

1 Check to see what your PC is doing and how busy it is with the tasks.

2 Following 1 there are some tasks the thing isn't supposed to do. If you find any of these, run some anti-spyware programs, a virus scan, well you get the idea.

3 Make sure you don't have any virtual CD/DVD-drives remove them and check if they are indeed removed (if you use daemon tools, set the number of virtual drives to disable, but I don't know how to get rid of the Alcohol 120% virtual DVD-drive).

4 Despite what DMUK (and LA as well) says, you may not want to deactivate anti-virus software, I've had a virus that made my PC unable to startup properly. I've been busy for 2 weeks to get rid of it, I don't think any game is worth that. But you may want to deactivate any emulators.

5 If you decide to uninstall any software (as LA suggests) be sure to make a backup first. Though I personally think uninstalling software is a bit much.

thats exactly what its doin but only when i put the star wars disk in the cpu jumps to 100% and just stays there tryin to read it i have tried 2 copies of the game and still no luck gettin worried i int gonna be able to play it

thanx for the help anymore more would be great

Guest DarthMaulUK

Its possible the store has a faulty batch. If you google search your DVD TEAC rom, you will find some drivers but make sure that you do a system restore point first.

DMUK

Just an educated guess, but one that has helped me with several other games that were both DVD and CD games. If you use the DVD version, try to switch it for a CD version, and vice versa. I found this out because I generally buy the DVD version first (1 disc beats 2), but if it doesn't work and I am clueless I try to switch it for a CD version, and it generally works fine. One possible explanation for this may be that my DVD drive is too slow, whereas that very same DVD drive runs CDs a lot faster (same with burning DVDs and CDs). Try that if you haven't already.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I just got the game and I now have the very same problem. And no I don't hear any weird noises. The PC is silent instead (though that is kinda weird). It didn't load in a full 5 minutes.

My system:

Intel Pentium 4 2533 MHz

512 MB

NVidia Geforce 4 Ti 4400

DVD Drive DVRW 2412 PRO (burner and rewriter)

DVD Drive HL-DT-ST DVD ROM GDR 8161B

Windows XP 5.01.2600 SP 2

Directx 9.0c

I haven't tried anything yet, but when I find something out that works I'll post it here.

BTW the Demo worked fine by me.

I got mine working, here's what I did (BTW I used the same folder for Empire at War and the demo and only uninstalled the demo)

1. uninstall both Empire at War and the demo (not deleting the folder yourself, using your config screen)

2. delete the folder yourself (so you are sure that you don't have any leftovers from mods etc.)

3. install Empire at War

4. Use the patch (I used 1.2 patch, and skipped the 1.1 patch)

5. play the game

6. HAVE FUN

Archived