Home

Rebellion Ships - Launching fighters?

Renown

Hey guys, personally I think rebellion ships should come with a complement of fighters, as they have in previous games (XWA... etc) and the like.

I have tried modding it in, but have been unsuccessful. I know its doable, since someone did it for the demo,

I'd much rather be able to build a frigate and have it launch its X-Wings etc.. etc in combat.

X-Wings, Y-Wings and A-Wings should still be buildable, as extra support.

Anyone want to attempt this?

Thanks =)

I think we should use the Z-95 Headhunter. It's weaker, you can't build it very much, so it would be perfect.

BTW, what file are the ships located?

Ye nice idea, since they are weaker than other ships they arent used much, but still it wouldnt be wise if all the ships had them.

I too find it a little weird that the rebel capships have no fighter bays. A calamari cruiser - according to the fiction - has about 120 fighters on board. Sure you can't model that 1:1 but simply stripping it of all fighters is a little odd. That may be due to balance reasons but I think the balance should have been achieved otherwise. I will mod my rebel capships from Nebulon B up to carry some squadrons too... not sure how I will compensate that... I'll probably make the ISDs more durable.

In relation to that... does anyone know where to find the attachment bones for the different ships?

Hey guys, personally I think rebellion ships should come with a complement of fighters, as they have in previous games (XWA... etc) and the like.

my mod does exactly that: ->Link <-

unfortunately it is in german, as i dont have the english mastertextfile_***.dat

changes:

-alle Fighter and Bombers have now 6 members per unit (2 units = 1 squadron)

-mon cal cruiser have 1 A-wing, 2 X-wing, 3 Y-wing squadrons

-home one has 2 A-wing, 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing squadrons

-nebulon b's have 1 X-wing squadron

-assault's have 1 X-wing squadron

-isd's have 1 T/i, 4 T/J, 2T/B

-victory's have 2 T/J, 2 T/B Staffeln

-acclamator's have 2 T/J Staffeln

-isd spawntime is jäger 2 sec, all others 5 sec

-spacestations spawn the double amount of fighters

-damage of protontorpedoes reduced

-Tie interceptor is available uses atm the icon and model of the tie scout

balancing isn't yet finished

if someone could send me his gamedata\data\text\mastertextfile_***.dat

i can rewrite the fluff stuff for the english game

The problem is (as it seems - correct me if I'm wrong) that for the Nebulon i.e. you replaced the engines with the hangar. I would rather not replace any existing hardpoint... that's why I would like to know what the attachment bones are for the different ships. But they're probably hardcoded... :/

You dont have to replace the hardpoints. Heres what i did to pirate frigate: <HardPoints>

HP_Pirate_Frigate_F, HP_Pirate_Frigate_BL, HP_Pirate_Frigate_BR, HP_Pirate_Frigate_Hangar

</HardPoints>

then in hardpoints.xml:

<Type> HARD_POINT_FIGHTER_BAY </Type>

<Is_Targetable>No</Is_Targetable>

<Is_Destroyable>No</Is_Destroyable>

<Tooltip_Text>TEXT_FIGHTER_BAY_HARDPOINT</Tooltip_Text>

<Health>225.0</Health>

Havent checked what happenes if i make it targetable but at least i didnt lose any weapon hardpoints.

You dont have to replace the hardpoints. Heres what i did to pirate frigate: <HardPoints>

HP_Pirate_Frigate_F, HP_Pirate_Frigate_BL, HP_Pirate_Frigate_BR, HP_Pirate_Frigate_Hangar

</HardPoints>

then in hardpoints.xml:

<Type> HARD_POINT_FIGHTER_BAY </Type>

<Is_Targetable>No</Is_Targetable>

<Is_Destroyable>No</Is_Destroyable>

<Tooltip_Text>TEXT_FIGHTER_BAY_HARDPOINT</Tooltip_Text>

<Health>225.0</Health>

Havent checked what happenes if i make it targetable but at least i didnt lose any weapon hardpoints.

thx, i will check that out

i think i will stick with my version, exchanging the engine with the hangar, till i know how to add attachment bones (i think,the engines are the least crucial hardpoint)

btw a new version is up:

T/I are now buildable in skirmish and no longer uberunits

You are missing the spawn bone for the fighters - all empire ships have a SPAWN_00 bone that is used as a spawn location. If you replace an existing hard point with a fighter bay, you will also need to make sure you change the spawn bone name to one of the bones that already exist on the rebel ship model (since no rebel ships were modeled with spawn bones). That should fix your spawn location problem.

Archived