Home

Massive Legacy of War Update - Final Day

Juggernaut1985

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't the XML files call image/model/config files for all types of unit/structure/hero/etc.? I was looking through them and it looked like a lot of this stuff was there. I'll have to look again...maybe I'm wrong.

(Even if it is, I'm not saying it would be easy - just possible.)

Re: the SSD model...

OK, I just watched RotJ again tonight, and the the Super Star Destroyer is HUGE. Larger than what I remembered before. It dwarfs an ISD the way an ISD dwarfs a Lambda transport shuttle. So on a current space map the SSD would stretch almost all the way across it - edge to edge - with no decent room to turn and maneuver.

But I know people are wanting bigger space maps too (and I'm one). Introducing an accurate-scale SSD model in this (or any other) mod would make that mandatory.

True, but the former would make it nothing but a backdrop in a space battle - like the Death Star - and the latter would make other ships so small I'd have trouble clicking on them.

At 1920x1200, I already have trouble selecting corvettes. To see the smaller ships I'd have to start playing the game on my 11-foot home theater screen (which I have a PC connected to, so that is a possibility).

Archived