Home

Quick Question

Skinkie

Hey I figure you guys here will be able to answer a pretty basic question for me. A friend of mine and I have just recently dragged X-Wing Alliance out and been playing it. We just hook my laptop to my desktop through a patch cable and play against each other, but my question is, is there anyway when we're playing multiplayer for us to be in the same flight group, cause if there is I can't seem to figure it out. Anyway, any help is appriciateed.

Yo, Skink! Welcome to our dank little, dark and somewhat smelly corner of the web. :)

Well, looking through my XWA manual, it seems that you just customize a Quick Skirmish mission, and drag both human players names over the AI pilot's names on the same team. (The other team has to be all AI, for obvious reasons.)

I think you may have to select the "Complex Quick Skirmish" mode to do it, though.

Hope this helps. It's been a long time since I've had the game installed on my machine, and even longer since I've actually played it.

Perhaps someone who has more experience with mutiplayer can correct me if I'm mistaken, and help further.

Yer' welcome! :D

Mine just happened to be on top of the shoe box that I keep all my game manuals in, and I just happened to have it out since I had been digging around in it for something else earlier... so you just happened to be in luck. ;)

Did it work? Like I said, it's been a looooong time since I've actually played around with those settings, so I'm not sure I got it right.

Archived