Home

Why is Monkey Island 2 so damn expensive?!?!?

tronyo

I've been trying to find a copy of the game monkey island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. The prices on amazon and ebay are insane (over $100). I just want to play that game one more time since I haven't played it in ten years. If someone is willing to sell me a copy for a reasonable price, please e-mail me: deathsatanzombie@hotmail.com and we can work something out. I don't care if it's a bootleg or copy, I just want to play that game again, it was my favorite in the series. Thanks.

The reason it's so expensive is because it's technically not for sale anymore, what you're seeing on Amazon are second hand copies being sold by the previous owners, and those people have set it at those prices because the game is so rare and hard to fine, and therefor it's something of a collectors item (even the budget releases as they're so hard to find as well). And as for Ebay, well what can you expect? Hard to find game, bound to be worth a lot, sellers tend to start it off at a high price cuz they know some people will buy them.

Unfortunatly, we can't endorse the sale of bootleg copies of said game, so please don't ask on here. As for the sale of legitimate copies, I don't think we have a problem with that.

There's a copy of MI2 here for $5 but it comes with a whole load of other games too, so the shipping might be a bit much.

In my experience you'll be able to pick up an original boxed MI2 for under $60, or a re-release or unboxed version for around $15-$30. Just wait for some more sellers, eBay changes constantly.

Alternatively, contact some European sellers to see what the postage to the US would be. You can get the game cheaply enough and it might work out cheaper overall.

• 4 months later...

Yea, i was wondering since Lucas Arts doesn't make the game anymore, is it illegal to put it on ur hardrive and send it to other people w/o sellin it or would that be illegal? Cause if not find a buddy or someone who has it and have it sent to you.

Archived